The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 09:10:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Unfortunately due to the need for additional funding to keep the ads away, they will be returning to the site.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  This shouldnt affect performance of the site.  Thank you.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Let's all get along

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's all get along  (Read 3396 times)
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 01:25:52 pm »

Dahlia....No, that would not be the right time to listen this time of year if you are in Chicago and on Daylight Savings time.

Right now there is a one hour time difference.

So my show will come on at 10:00 PM Chicago time and you can go to my website at
http://www.jazziette.com and click on the KFNX logo to go to the station or click on "Listen Live". 

Also....I have a blog set up there for friends and fans and you are welcome to make comments during or after the show.  Live chat room too.  The blog is new so there isn't a lot of activity yet but maybe you can round some up! LOL  (I've been doing the show for four years but just put the blog up recently)

It is a 'Love Show' although in the past I have dedicated my entire show to Edwards on several occasions or other worthy causes.  However, due to the nature of the show 'Listener discretion is advised'.  I do talk about mature content.  LOL  Just wanted to make sure you don't have your kids tuned in and I didn't warn you. It is a sweet and fun show though. 

If the mood strikes you please call in on the toll free number.

~ Jazz
Report Spam   Logged

"And in the end.....the love we take is equal to.....the love we make."
                           ~ Lennon & McCartney
RedDahlia

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 02:04:10 pm »

Oh ya, Arizona that's one hour difference,  that was the problem.  I was trying to get on that Edwards edition.  I'll come on though I'm sure that's an area were one always has something to learn.  As long as it's soft.  I'll be alright.
D
Report Spam   Logged
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 02:24:19 pm »

This isforallmy JREfriends!

http://www.youtube.com/v/2A2Jt4WOxN8&rel=1

I love you! Have a wonderful day!

~ Jazz
Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 09:05:20 pm »

Nice video Jazz... thank you for that.
On the other hand.....Ohhhhhh Boyyyyyyyyyy if I see a troll, I am getting out my fly paper as Rebecca sugested, and my nets.  I think thus far I had one encounter with one, but have fly paper will travel.

Gosh! What does that mean?  Scary!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 01:02:04 pm »

Grin

Oh I'm so happy! I thought you were going to catch me and put me in formaldehyde! LMAO

tee hee   

I don't like trolls either, Marlene!  Sic em!!! Grrrrrr!!!!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
destiny

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 02:33:45 pm »

Apparenty I'm not the only one is chicago time challenged Jazz! Where is madman he can explain it!
Report Spam   Logged
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 02:44:05 pm »

Speaking of time.....why does it always have the incorrect time on our posts?

I'll see if Madman can explain that too! LOL

Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
RedDahlia

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 02:46:23 pm »

Set Jazz on the Trolls.  She will spinkle them with pink love dust and they will be gitty with LOVE. And they will want to join us.  They will want to Unite the party from Day One,                                 

IN THE EDWARDS TRADITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:51:02 pm by RedDahlia » Report Spam   Logged
PatriciaW
COREGROUP

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 12:30:20 am »

If anyone suspects a troll or sees a post with offensive or obscene language, please notify the moderator (link is at bottom of each comment).
Report Spam   Logged
Tapster

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 08:35:27 am »

Got a kick out of Lataet's tagline about the "grown up wing".  I thought of that last night when Olbermann talked about Gore, Edwards, Richardson, Biden and Pelosi not endorsing, in order to play a "wise senior statesman" role in the event of a tie at the convention. 

I turned to my husband and said, "The grown-up wing of the Democratic Party."
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:39 am »

Hi Tapster...

Glad you got a kick out of it..I hope to stay in this wing - even until it becomes the "old fogey" wing.  ;o)

Well, hopefully it wont be called that tho. 

Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 01:21:54 pm »

Set Jazz on the Trolls.  She will spinkle them with pink love dust and they will be gitty with LOVE. And they will want to join us.  They will want to Unite the party from Day One,                                 

IN THE EDWARDS TRADITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/color]

LOL Dahlia!  You are so right about the 'Pink Love Dust'!  My very wonderful and wise Grand-daddy,
who I loved with all my heart and when I was ten, made me promise never ever to vote Republican,
also told me this, over and over:

"Little one, never forget....you can catch more flies with honey than you can with Vinegar!"

Whenever I forget and open my big mouth I'm always sorry.....and I remember how he used to tell
me that.

I sure hope he will forgive me for the one time I voted Republican.  And I know now why he told me
what he did! 

You are too cute Dahlia!  You really help brighten up this place! Smiley (Not to infer it's dark in here! LOL)

Thank you!

~ Sprinkling love dust ~

xoxoxoxoxox

~~ Jazz
Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
RedDahlia

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 06:53:54 pm »

Thank You Jazz. You made my day.
D
Report Spam   Logged
regroce

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 01:21:53 pm »

Over 10 years ago, right when emailing was first established as a widely-used communication staple, I attended a seminar that detailed how problems with this format of communication could almost be a given. The principal reason is that it is so "impersonal."

Same thing goes for blogs, too, I notice. Blogging/emailing isn't the same as speaking, where we can see the expressions on others faces and hear their tone, and it isn't the same as written communication, where writers have to spend time and get the luxury to read their own words many times before they are submitted.

In comparison, blog/email is very immediate, which has advantage, but also takes away the time a sender may have to self-evaluate, and takes away the other communication symbols that readers would have to use in interpretation.

I always try to take everything in stride and give the benefit of doubt right off. I'm sure I've typed away thinking I was sending a professional note, but which got received as snide and sarcastic instead. I'm sure I've also read something as insulting, while it was only meant to be funny, too.

Let's give each other benefit of doubt, not assume everything to be the way it might first appear, and also take a second or two to evaluate how others may read it before we send, too.

(and don't forget...there's always those nifty emoticons to help, too!   Kiss )
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »

Excellent comment there regroce and right to the point.  Our expressions and emotions are not included in our writing but we do have the emoticons to help out. We all have been there and done that and have the t-shirt when we say something that is taken the wrong way by another and visa versa, it's just going to happen from time to time.  I don't think anyone on this site would deliberately want to hurt another member but we are all going to have our opinions on subjects and we can agree to disagree. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum