The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 03:43:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Unfortunately due to the need for additional funding to keep the ads away, they will be returning to the site.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  This shouldnt affect performance of the site.  Thank you.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Keeping the Democratic Party democratic

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping the Democratic Party democratic  (Read 2012 times)
MiamiForEdwards

« on: July 11, 2008, 03:43:48 pm »

The Denver Group's first ad appeared today (July 11, 2008) in the Chicago Tribune (page B5 of the Metro Section).

**see the full page ad here-- http://thedenvergroup.blogspot.com/2008/07/denver-group-brings-its-first-print.html

The Denver Group has been formed to insure that the Democratic National Committee respect and carry out the democratic process at the convention in Denver this August by meeting certain specific goals. We will be advocating, and if necessary pressuring, through purchased mass media as well other accepted avenues, the Democratic National Committee to see to it that these goals and the interests of tens of millions of Democratic voters are met.

Our goals are:

An open convention.

Senator Clinton's name placed in nomination. No symbolic roll call vote.

Speeches allowed by supporters of Senator Clinton on behalf of her candidacy.

A genuine roll call vote with Senator Clinton as a legitimate candidate.

No coronation.

http://thedenvergroup.blogspot.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

westlib

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 03:55:44 pm »

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it will shake up a few folks and lead to contributions for more ads like this across the country.
Report Spam   Logged
looneysinger

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:57:52 pm »

i sure hope it does!  Smiley looneysinger
Report Spam   Logged
Javier
COREGROUP

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:25:24 pm »

Another way we could keep the democratic party democratic is to unite and support NADER, how about that, Liberals voting Liberal, PUMA, Edwards Democrats, Hillary supporters of all walks of life, all of the voters who got kicked out of this process, Florida, Michigan, WE all walk out on that party, is that fair? I think so. The Dems will have to surrender.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfgirl

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:10:16 pm »

I agree with Javier!!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Cool HELP HIM HELP US, WE THE PEOPLE Cool RALPH NADER IS A CONSTITUTIONIST & A CONSUMER ADVOCATE Cool PASS THE WORD & VOTENADER.ORG Cool
24hrlib

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:02:18 pm »

It's amazing to me how well the JustSayNoDeal.com group have organized and become a political force.  MoveOn...Move over. 

More information on The Denver Group just a click away:

Just goes to show what we the people are able to do when we join as one force.
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
westlib

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:29:27 pm »

This was a terrific video. I hope the Denver Group can keep it up. I am dying to see how much money OB raised in June. I hope it is as dismal as May!
Report Spam   Logged
Javier
COREGROUP

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:14 pm »

PLEASE, Somebody tell them to walk out, that is the strongest message.
Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 11:33:13 pm »

PLEASE, Somebody tell them to walk out, that is the strongest message.

I heard that this was the real reason that Obama wanted the big stadium.  If a group walked out, they wouldn't be noticed!
Report Spam   Logged
westlib

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 11:37:14 pm »

I can believe he is worried some will spoil his parade - but mostly I think he wants to be bigger than JFK. Wonder if Michelle will be wearing a pill box hat?
Report Spam   Logged
Javier
COREGROUP

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 11:59:18 pm »

Let's start a Walk out campaign, it is already on the makes, so, Please invite all blogs to spread the word, let's Walk out on the Democratic Party. I guess asking to support Nader will be too much, but a good bunch of people walking out will be a Strong message.

Let's spread the voice, Walk out campaign!!!!

Am I too naive?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:01:24 am by Javier » Report Spam   Logged
westlib

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:04:05 am »

Didn't someone post that OB had filled the rooms in the city with his supporters and will pack the stadium with them and a few high profile dems for his coronation? I am worried people who would walk out will not even be allowed in. I wouldn't put anything past this crowd.
Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:57 am »

I have been amazed at the amount of talent within the PUMA groups.  I Googled this one woman.  She's a lawyer and professor at Georgetown.  She seemed quite bright, so I was curious.  That guy that's been on TV is really well spoken and doesn't let anyone push him off his message!  Barack needs to pay attention as they are not going away and they have plenty of followers like me reading their sites and trying to figure out what to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 12:07:51 am »

Didn't someone post that OB had filled the rooms in the city with his supporters and will pack the stadium with them and a few high profile dems for his coronation? I am worried people who would walk out will not even be allowed in. I wouldn't put anything past this crowd.

I had heard that was the plan as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Javier
COREGROUP

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 12:10:10 am »

Not just in Denver, invite everyone to walk out for real, you know, they want our support, our money, so let's start a movement on the blog as a follow up on the Puma message, but a bit further, so if they do not Honor the voters, the Puma goals, we all walk out, declaration of independence, and calling for all members and bloggers to Walk out.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum