The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 19, 2024, 06:56:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAYS!!!

This messes with the oil companies bottom line.  This tactic worked before - it can work again.  DONT BUY GAS ANY Friday.  They calculate their profits fridays.  If enough of the US doesn't buy gas on this friday alone, it will send them a message.  PASS THE WORD!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

If they love him so much in Europe....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If they love him so much in Europe....  (Read 1196 times)
24hrlib

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 11:29:23 am »

His numbers are dropping here cause the American people know a snow job when they see one (well some do).  The only reason he's there is political campaigning.  Not visiting the troops was a serious mistake to Americans.  Even London this morning in their news brought that up and how it wasn't received well but he had a good excuse right - well sort of.  Their statement.  So they're seeing it too.

Oh, they're getting it in Europe.  Just not widely, but the Times in London has.  Here's a poem about Obama that caught fire yesterday. 

Too funny!
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Wolfgirl

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 11:40:33 am »

OMG that is hilarious!!  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Cool HELP HIM HELP US, WE THE PEOPLE Cool RALPH NADER IS A CONSTITUTIONIST & A CONSUMER ADVOCATE Cool PASS THE WORD & VOTENADER.ORG Cool
looneysinger

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 01:20:33 pm »

rotflmao! now he is the great one! the one we are waiting for? not in my book! who and the h! does he think he is? god? no way in my country! he is trouble with a capital t! what you see and hear are not what you end up getting! what a funny video! no we have obama poems! what a waste of paper!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  and time! looneysinger
Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 02:05:59 pm »

I like that dictatorship thrown in at the end.  This would be funny if it weren't so scary.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 02:10:51 pm »

Yes, I think that was the idea to make it a bit 'scary' too...

I still laughed.  There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
B4JRE

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 10:58:33 pm »

Here's my take or my hope (I don't know which it is yet) on the spectacle in Europe:

They don't get the daily barrage of Bambam that we get.  It took a LONG while for his patina to fade here.  I'm guessing that largely what is making the news over there about Bams is how he makes the news...as a rock star.  They are equally capable of the American Idol fever as the U.S. is, sadly.  So, there is probably great curiosity about this headline grabbling candidate...why not go to a free gathering?

I think they are getting their first real taste of the KoolAid, having heard it's really cool and tasty.  But, the reaction time will be quicker over there....as he continues to disappoint here (esp. like on FISA) they will soon be getting reality checks on him...some from our truly liberal media, some from the MSM; some from their own media (but, ugh, remember how GLOBAL the 3-5 big media owners are!)

Anyway, I'm thinking 1) come November, nobody here cares that lots of European went to a Bambam show, and 2) they'll soon enough get some real snapshots of who he is, just like America is now, slowly and finally, getting.
Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 07:07:12 am »

I have to hand it to his marketing people, they have used some of the most popular avenues to attract the younger generation, by using Facebook, myspace, and with these free concerts and stuff. He is being marketed more like a pop star rather than like a mature individual who is running for President of one of the most powerful nations in the world.

That is the problem I have with it all, this isn't a video game or a music video, this is real life and peoples lives and livelihood. Applying for a job as the leader of the most powerful nation in the world should be a serious issue, not just another day in Hollywood. [/color]

Say, but true.  And they won't "get it" until they mature or a bill is passed that actually changes their life in a negative way.
[/quote]

How do you think it feels to be a voter in Florida or Michigan (my state)?  We were nothing but pawns in a crude game of chess.  Eliminate Michigan and Florida, destroy Clinton's momentum from those two big states and then you can claim victory.  This whole contest (Their word.) was nothing more than a game.  It wasn't a vetting for the "best" candidate.  We all know that Barack isn't the best choice.  In fact he is the least experienced.  Bumbling Bill Richardson would be a better choice than Obama.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 07:15:03 am »

I have to hand it to his marketing people, they have used some of the most popular avenues to attract the younger generation, by using Facebook, myspace, and with these free concerts and stuff. He is being marketed more like a pop star rather than like a mature individual who is running for President of one of the most powerful nations in the world.

That is the problem I have with it all, this isn't a video game or a music video, this is real life and peoples lives and livelihood. Applying for a job as the leader of the most powerful nation in the world should be a serious issue, not just another day in Hollywood. [/color]

Say, but true.  And they won't "get it" until they mature or a bill is passed that actually changes their life in a negative way.

How do you think it feels to be a voter in Florida or Michigan (my state)?  We were nothing but pawns in a crude game of chess.  Eliminate Michigan and Florida, destroy Clinton's momentum from those two big states and then you can claim victory.  This whole contest (Their word.) was nothing more than a game.  It wasn't a vetting for the "best" candidate.  We all know that Barack isn't the best choice.  In fact he is the least experienced.  Bumbling Bill Richardson would be a better choice than Obama.
[/quote]

That's true Ksvoboda other states and/or voters could easily be disenfranchised now that the DNC has set precedence.  Brazile and Dean must go...
Report Spam   Logged

destiny

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 03:07:56 pm »

They all gotta go!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum