The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 19, 2024, 07:49:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAYS!!!

This messes with the oil companies bottom line.  This tactic worked before - it can work again.  DONT BUY GAS ANY Friday.  They calculate their profits fridays.  If enough of the US doesn't buy gas on this friday alone, it will send them a message.  PASS THE WORD!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Autism is a fraud

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autism is a fraud  (Read 811 times)
kenshin
COREGROUP

« on: July 27, 2008, 09:51:46 pm »

according to Mike Savage:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200807170005

there's a petition to sign.  i didn't realize he was being aired on CNN.  wow, that station has really taken a turn south...

now, i didn't bother to post this earlier, cuz i thought maybe the idiot was just shooting his mouth off, but apparently he's defending his position.

personally, i wonder if there's something really wrong with him...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

24hrlib

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:37:10 pm »

Yeah, well, CNN pays Glenn Beck for his commentary too.  So, Michael Savage is no surprise.  

Gads, I could hardly get through reading all of that.  It just pisses me off.  I've a friend with a daughter
who is turning 14 soon.  When she was a tot.  There was something different about her.  Since she
was a bit hyper they medicated her for ADHD.  This remained her diagnosis up until about 5 years ago.
You see, since there was not proper diagnosis the wrong meds were messing with her brain.  Because
all along she's been Autistic.  My friend couldn't find good before and after school care for her daughter
so she spent a lot of time with me since I work from home.  One on one she's always been a good kid
and able to socialize okay.  It's been when she's in large social settings that there have been episodes.
She's not an idiot showing just above average grades.  Yet, the school system tucked her away with
the "special" kids for years.  That was the best they'd do for her, which always ticks me off, while
making me thankful my three kids are healthy.  Finally when she was properly diagnosed things began
looking up for her.  She's been signed up in a program with students of like issues.  She seems happier,
and perhaps even a bit more calm.  Still, finding the proper dosage and kind of medicine has been
difficult.  There is always that adjustment period with meds.  And all the times my heart is broke to hear
she's been institutionalized for a month here and there.  

For anyone to seriously say she is a brat that needs to be told to cut the act out is appalling.  For over
10 years I've known this young lady and this is not an act.  If anyone is putting on an act it is the
pharmaceutical industry that won't except responsibility for making these kids what they are.  The research
is out, and though it's not proven, yet, it all points to mercury in vaccines.  

Michael Savage's father must have told him he was a moron, idiot and to stop acting like a putz a few too many times.  Freud said if you hear it enough
you begin to believe it.  I guess he behaves like a fool because his father called him a fool.  Specially if it came with a beating.  It also explains why Savage dislikes strong women so much.  Until they cry, he's got nothing to badger them with.  

What a jerk.

Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
destiny

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 06:24:37 am »

I saw this the other day.  The guy is clueless.  I'd like to make him watch a group of autistic kids for a weekend, and see if he can "straighten them out".  Thing is, they won't even understand what he is saying.    Clueless, he is absolutely clueless.
Report Spam   Logged
kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:52 pm »

i know he's clueless--he's a racist moron...that's not what shocked me.  what got me was, since when was cnn putting him on their airwaves?  are there absolutely no intelligent people left in the world to put up on air?  and then these MSM folks wonder why no one is reading/watching their stuff anymore, and they are losing profits...yeesh.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:55:04 pm »

i know he's clueless--he's a racist moron...that's not what shocked me.  what got me was, since when was CNN putting him on their airwaves?  are there absolutely no intelligent people left in the world to put up on air?  and then these MSM folks wonder why no one is reading/watching their stuff anymore, and they are losing profits...yeesh.

From my past experience in broadcast it's about ratings.  If Murdoch's Fox Channel can clean up in the ratings other networks will look at this and try to get a piece of the pie.  It's stupid and wrong from a journalist stand point.  Just ask Bill Moyer, but that's what it is about.  Look at Limbaugh celebrating TWENTY years of his rotten rants.  When I worked at WHO Broadcasting the AM station picked up Limbaugh as part of its afternoon drive time.  Working on the FM side, but sharing studios with many of the AM staff, I (along with others) protested him being part of the group. We got "but the ratings are so good and look at all the new sponsors the account execs have lined up." 

It sucks.  The only way to fight it is getting to them through their corporate sponsors.  And even then it is hard to suppress them.  Don Imus is still working.

What is sad for me to find is the left has their own brand of shock jocks.  Look at what Keith Olbermann has become.  He's totally wasted his career, in my eyes, turning into the cloned opposition of O'Reilly. 
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:12:30 pm »

i've not been terribly impressed with progressive radio, either.  i know, we're naturally a bit angry all the time, but some of the actual dj's are the most obnoxious people.

i've been thinking, of re-establishing TRUE JOURNALISM.  you know, these media outlets are losing readership and viewership, they should really pay attention to folks' apathy towards the media, when so little is dependable news. 

i do understand the awful shows that get the ratings...it's a natural thing, for people to like being angry.  some people get really addicted to it, regardless of actual reasons, real facts, to be angry about.  even liberals will listen, because the show really makes them angry, and it drives you.  we're constantly listening to rush, to find out what he said, and criticize it...and more people listen to his show, and get addicted.  we lead them there.

there's this catch, you hear people say, i listen to rush or ____, but i don't always agree with every thing they say.  but they say stuff that no one else does, so i listen...my problem is, you sit and wait for the parts that you like, but have you thought about why you don't agree with everything they say?  could it be because they are not presenting facts very well?  or that they don't get the issue at hand?  yet, you trust the rest?  what part of what they say, can you REALLY trust?  they don't even admit when they've been proven wrong.

the progressive radio waves, fight fire with fire.  i say, we fight fire with water...you know, that's kinda how you put out fires...we need more dependable, unbiased news.  not just news spun the other way.  ok rant over.
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:16:56 pm »

I was at an autism fundraiser last week, it was put together by the teamsters, headed by a teamster who is the father of an autistic son.  We spent some time chatting as we can relate in ways others cannot with the struggles of raising an autistic child and what we are forced to encounter out there in the world.  I read an article today,

http://www.autismvoice.com/blog/offset=10

scroll down its for parents on how to deal with the embarrassment and it goes right to the crux of the assertion that people with autistic kids are judged by people as being "bad" parents as opposed to sympathized with as parents struggling with a child with disabilities. 
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 07:43:53 pm »

That's a little shocking for me.  My friends daughter has autism and I've never looked at her as a bad parent.  Matter of fact she's exemplary. 
I guess, I know her and that is the difference.

My oldest would throw terrible fits in public places when she was young.  I think it's easy for any parent to be judged by others in public these days. 
I always took the attitude it was between me and my daughter and the rest of the world didn't matter.

I wonder if people become judgmental out of fear of the unknown? 

Knowing my friend Tara and her daughter these years I've always felt more sympathetic toward parents than judgmental. 
Report Spam   Logged

destiny

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 06:27:13 am »

Because you are a good person!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 10:08:38 am »

Because you are a good person!  Wink

Which is nothing compared to the parents of children with autism.  I imagine you find strength most don't tap into.  Not to mention patience the average parent understands.  Hats off to all of you! 
Report Spam   Logged

destiny

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 10:55:26 am »

Ah yes, patience! Big supply, but occasionally it does run low! LOL My entire family exhibits preternatural patience, especially my daughter, who is the best big sister anyone could ask for!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum