The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 19, 2024, 04:02:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Contact your representative and tell them we need to opt out of buying foreign oil.   To send a message to them.  We need to use the petroleum reserve like Clinton did and the prices will drop.  We're the biggest market in the world - if we stop buying that will send a message.  So, help make that happen - unless you all love paying others to get rich beyond reason..including Iraq who is making a 70 billion profit from us and our men and women are hurt and dying.  So stand up folks and take action on this one.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Progressives WANT to lose

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progressives WANT to lose  (Read 639 times)
MiamiForEdwards

« on: August 01, 2008, 12:24:27 pm »

Too on point not to post it in its entirety.  Encapsulates how the Dems are well on the path to self destruct yet again.

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/
posted by joseph Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Twenty-seven years ago, Mort Sahl quipped that Ronald Reagan won because he ran against Jimmy Carter; if he had run unopposed, he would have lost. Something similar is happening today.

McCain's campaign looks ragged and silly, to the extent that it is visible at all. Obama, by contrast, received scads of fawning coverage during his victory tour. He is almost running unopposed.

Yet the poll numbers indicate that the ancient bumbler is overtaking the Lightbringer. A recent Gallup poll puts McCain ahead, 49%-45% among likely voters. The ARG poll also has McCain ahead, 47% to 45%, essentially reversing their positions of a month ago. Obama still has a lead among registered voters, but the "likely voter" numbers traditionally give a better indication of how a candidate is doing.

That's especially true this year. Quite a few Democrats are registered but disaffected, thanks to the continuing hate campaign directed at Hillary Clinton's supporters. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If giving up their Clinton-hate is the price Obama supporters have to pay to avoid a McCain presidency, most Obots would prefer a McCain presidency. This election was all about destroying the Clintons; it is not about victory in November.

Let's put the poll numbers above into some perspective. At roughly this same time period in 2004, W had an approval rating of 46% and a disapproval rating of 50 percent. Yet he won. Some (including yours truly) would say that cheating played a part in that victory, but even those who grant that possibility must confess that cheating would have been impossible if he had not attained a near-victory.

Today, Bush's approval rating is a dismal 30%. A generic Democrat has a massive advantage (some say 20%) over a generic Republican. Americans are sick of the war, and have been for years. The economy terrifies everyone. Gas prices are monstrous. People have noticed that we are living on borrowed money. People have also noticed that amazing new skyscrapers are rising up in Asian and Arab countries -- not in the United States.

Under these circumstances, Obama should be trouncing his Republican opponent. Why isn't that happening?

It isn't a matter of personality; both candidates are reasonably well-liked by the public. According to most polls, McCain has a favorability rating in the high 50s and unfavorables in the low 30s. Obama's numbers are similar.

So in terms of personal factors, the race is a wash. In terms of the overall political environment, everything strongly favors the Democrats.

Yet Obama struggles to stay run neck and neck. His world-wide jaunt may actually have hurt him.

I would argue that the PUMA movement plays a role here. At a time when the Democrats should scramble for every vote, we read messages like this, from an Obama delegate to a Hispanic voter who wants Hillary to receive fair treatment at the convention: "How dare you try to disrupt our political system with your disfunctional family. F* off and vote republican for all we care. People who vote against their interests are sheep. Be prepared to be sheared. Loser.”

Another delegate, Garry S. Shay (from California, sorry to say) sneered at the "racist bullshit" he hears from Hillary supporters. I doubt that he has received a single truly racist message. Shay follows the new definition of the word "racist": Anyone who doesn't want to vote for Barack Obama must be a bigot.

When will these fools learn? Pretending that all non-Obots are Klansman wannabes will only help McCain in November.

"GOD WILL GUIDE THE HAND OF JUDGMENT THAT WILL STRIKE YOU DOWN!
That insane pronouncement came from Arizona SuperDelegate Carolyn Warner, who sounds like one of the religious wackos who routinely write into this blog.  When will these fools learn? Treating Obama in Messianic terms will only alienate the electorate.

"Get over it, loser"  This came from Obot delegate Amy Everhart, proving herself to be as unoriginal as she is vituperative.

When will these fools learn? The phrase "get over it" has always -- ALWAYS -- had the opposite of the desired effect, in the political realm and in every other realm.

Meanwhile, over on DU, we see the following language applied to a PUMA blogger:

...these pieces of **** are trying to destroy our nominee  and it's time we fought back, and eliminated them.
It's good to know the people that were kicked out of DU are truly Republican operatives.

Yeah. Right. Keep on telling that to yourself, if it makes you feel better.  They pretend to be Democrats and they are obviously not.

Dig it: Progressives brag about kicking people out of the Democratic Party. They screamed their hate-filled message for months: Hillary is not a real Democrat. If you support her, get out out OUT! They said "Good riddance to bad trash," and "We can win without them" and "Those fat old poor white women can go pound salt."

And then they act surprised and outraged because the people they kicked out of the party won't support the presumptive Democratic nominee. The PUMA factor has put McCain ahead among likely voters. Yet the progs sneeringly insist that the PUMAs are numerically insignificant.

"We can win without them."

Can you? Can you really?

The Obots refuse to acknowledge that the rift is not small. It is not inconsequential. It is not a GOP plot. It was not created by Karl Rove or Hillary Clinton. It was created by the progressives themselves.

They spent months indulging in the most brutal intra-party rhetoric in the history of this nation. They inundated the blogosphere with hatred, zealotry and paranoid conspiracy theories.

The progressives want a divided party. They want to lose.

If they cared about unity, if they cared about victory, they would show humility. Their message to the PUMAs would be "We're sorry," not "F*** you, loser."

I recently saw a YouTube video of a lecture given by a police detective, who described the techniques he uses when interviewing suspects. He emphasized one important point: Never insult the suspect -- not if you want him to talk to you. Even if you consider the suspect a thug, a low-life, a criminal, a murderer -- never insult him. Hide your contempt and treat him as an equal. Otherwise, you will never gain cooperation.

That principle applies in all areas of life. In the home. At work. In the political realm. Even if you are angry at someone, do not insult if you need cooperation.

Yet the Obots continue to spew insults. They continue to treat us like toxic refuse.

So why should we talk to them? Why should we have anything to do with the contemptuous, contemptible monsters who have commandeered what was once our party? Why should we do anything but applaud when we see the polls turning in McCain's favor?

Why should we vote for Barack Obama?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MiamiForEdwards

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:35:07 pm »

Related post-- Are the Democrats playing "extreme offense"

http://annabellep.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/extreme-offense/
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:55:27 pm »

The last blog is rather scary.  Then I remembered Bam-bam's comments to the press early in the campaign season regarding Reagan.  He gave it all away then.  But, no he didn't.  Letting the media and his Democratic opponents make hay and question his party loyalty.  I called him a Reagan brat then and still do. 

After all, he's been plotting, mapping since he was in kindergarten. 

Both, intense, great reads.  Thanks, Miami...
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 11:05:07 pm »

omg, to the writer of that opinion, pleeze do not put all progressives in obama's boat!  we're not all on board the S.S. Koolaid.

heck, if obama actually stayed progressive, i think he'd have a lot more support than he does now. 
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:51:13 am »

omg, to the writer of that opinion, pleeze do not put all progressives in obama's boat!  we're not all on board the S.S. Koolaid.

heck, if obama actually stayed progressive, i think he'd have a lot more support than he does now. 

I think you're correct about the amount of support Bam's would have had he stayed the course of progressives.  I don't think it matters to his campaign though.  Thinking we'll all get on board the boat anyway, as if there are no better choices.  Once again, like 2004, the DNC's downfall.
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
destiny

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:40:17 am »

I was looking for Obama to convince me.  I really thought he might convince me to vote for him.  Obviously, you would think him a better choice than McCain, so I thought, I will listen, see what he has to say, and maybe, just maybe Obama can convince me to come to his side.  Problem is, he hasn't said anything, really.  And you know when he really lost me, when I decided I couldn't even hold my nose and choke down a vote for him? FISA! A blatently illlegal affront to the constitution supported by an alleged constitutional scholar. 
Report Spam   Logged
explorer

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 06:31:55 pm »

IMO, the press and Obamabots have completely lost what and who the Progressives really are. It is being used as a catch-all term, when it's actually more specific. What has been going on is not what Progressives do. Progressives are a lot more experienced, intelligent, rational, and grown-up for one. Progressives are neither the radical left or the bleeding-heart liberals. The Progressive movement historically has nothing to do with what they are trying to characterize it as.

Paul Krugman--Progressive

Ralph Nader -- Progressive

Barrack Obama -- Actually Conservative in Moderates clothing.

Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

what explorer said^^^^
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 07:52:15 pm »

Well said, explorer!

And destiny...yeah, I know what you mean.  I really tried for a bit to get my head around Obama and take a serious look at supporting him.  Then FISA.  It wasn't even like he need to vote for it to pass.  If he had voted against it I would have had some hope there was a candidate in that suit worthy of my vote.  Since FISA there has been no looking back.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum