The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 20, 2024, 06:58:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This site is dedicated to all of those that support the issues brought forward by John Edwards. To all of those that met on the John Edwards Blog site and made friends. To all of those that intend to keep the issues alive and ensure they remain in the mainstream and not fallen by the wayside. To those that simply want a place to call home in this topic and continue to remain in the loop or communicate with others.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Letter of Support to Elizabeth and John Edwards

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter of Support to Elizabeth and John Edwards  (Read 2377 times)
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« on: August 20, 2008, 12:15:09 am »

Following these notes is a letter to John and Elizabeth Edwards.   The purpose of this letter is to show our support and ask that the Edwards family not give up - but remain our champions.

Unless otherwise noted, this opportunity will remain open until Sunday midnight.  There may be discussion of leaving this up longer.  But we want to get the letters sent ASAP.  If you feel we shoul dhave longer, please post those comments in the alternate thread in this board as listed below.

We are asking that any of you that wish to, reply to the thread with your initials, state and occupation, adding your comments.  We thought this combination would not go outside of the privacy policy.

By adding comments to this thread, you agree with what the letter says.  Your comments will be compiled with the letter and sent to the Edwards family both electronically and in hard copy.  NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS WILL BE SENT!

This letter is for our positive support.  Any negative comments will be deleted.  No ifs, ands buts or dialog about it.  Negativity won't be tolerated here.

If there are duplicate comments, we will use one comment with multiple entries for  initials/state/occupation.  If you have a question about this letter or the process to follow - I am creating an alternate thread in which to ask questions.  Please post questions there.  That thread is called "Questions about the letter to the Edwards family".

We would like as many to sign as possible.  So feel free to let others know.  However for anyone to sign they have to be an active member.  Hopefully this will limit the outside negative comments so heavily stated on other blogs.

Thank you so much for your time in viewing and responding.  That said, below this line begins the letter. 

During this difficult time a group of us wanted to offer our support for both of you and your family.   Compiled below this letter are comments of people who wish to show their support and who agree with what this letter says.

We feel the media has gone too far into what should be a private matter, dwelling on one mistake, while ignoring all the good that has been done.  We want you to know there are many of us who   continue to believe in the work you have done, and have faith in what both of you can yet accomplish.

This election wasn’t about a candidate, but about the issues that affect the entire country and the lives of so many. One candidate took on the challenge of being the champion of those without a voice, by standing firm on those issues that affect millions in this country, and that candidate was John.

John and Elizabeth, you stood on the right side of issues regarding healthcare, the environment education, the economy, trade and labor plans, and made them moral issues.  Your hard work reinforced the perception that you are walking a true progressive path, so much so that Ralph Nader went on television to call John "the most progressive mainstream presidential candidate I've seen in years."

We know you are both tough and that hardships can make you stronger. You have faced challenge after challenge and in your personal lives you both have had to face tragedy. Up until now, it has not been in your DNA to walk away from a fight. We see the current situation as just one more challenge; one we know you have the strength to overcome.

During this election cycle you defied the media that continually watched for and predicted your surrender. You called out corporate lobbyists for the "stranglehold" they have on Washington lawmakers, castigating the health insurance and pharmaceutical companies for murder by spreadsheet practices, and defending labor unions as an essential voice in preserving the American middle class.  Because of you and the stance you took on these issues, they can no longer be ignored.  For being the voice of many, we thank you.

Right now, the media, corporate America, and the National Chamber of Commerce celebrate what they think is a victory.  But we urge you not to let them dismiss those of us who up until now, had no voice.  Do not allow the media to ruin the progress you've made on the causes for which you have worked so hard.  In taking up the issues you did, we are aware that you made many enemies.  We also know that those enemies think and hope you will fade into obscurity.  We urge you to please continue your course.  Be firm.  Let everyone know that you presented those issues with a pure heart, and not merely as an election ploy.  What was it that a very wise man once said?  “You don’t campaign on the issues that affect the poor and downtrodden because it is advantageous or to raise funds, most of the poor do not vote and have no money.  You do it because it is the right thing to do!”   

Your enemies can best be defeated by your continuing to be the voice for the many without a voice and when the media can report that you continue to stand firm on the issues that focus on the helping people in need, because it is the right thing to do!

You are the champion for the downtrodden, the uninsured, the insecure, the exploited, the oppressed, the wronged, the scared, the hungry, the homeless, and the poor. It has never been about you the candidate or the race, but about the ideas, and the individuals you committed to help. You are naturally optimistic – and we believe you genuinely feel that it's possible to both stare the nation's problems down and remove the obstacles standing in the way of change.   It is true that when we set ourselves aside and focus on others, a great healing can take place.  We know what we ask is difficult for you at this time, but a new day has to begin sooner or later.  Why not now? 

Many families have had to deal with the problem with which you wrestle right now, and many more than you realize, know that one mistake does not define a man.  Millions know that someone they know had to be forgiven for the same mistake.   

We ask that you not allow your enemies to force you to back down from a course you both know is vital, and that you continue to give voice to the voiceless, and that you continue to lead us in holding the new President’s and our legislator’s feet to the fire. 

John and Elizabeth, you have a larger group of supporters than you may realize, waiting for you to call on us to help, when you are once again, ready to lead.  We are, as Elizabeth would say “ part of the tapestry, the safety net “ in your lives.   We wish we had been part of your home based staff, because we believe in you so much, we carry you both in our hearts and with that kind of dedication we know we could have helped push you to greater success.  To that end, we have aptly named our group:  “THE JOHN EDWARDS MOVEMENT CONTINUES”.   

Right now all of us are hurting. Not just for you, we hurt with you!  That said, we know that your deep seated faith and love for one anther will carry both of you through this time, and we have deep faith in you and your ability to affect the much needed change in which we have placed our hope.   We wait, for your continued leadership.

With Kindest Regards,

Americans who are for One America For All!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:15:58 am by sandiegtampabay » Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Penny

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:14:08 am »

Dear John and Elizabeth,

Stand tall, be proud of all the good that you have done, for I know of nothing else but good from you. 

Below I am sharing one of my favorite lines in a book:

"When we allow outside forces to influence our feelings, positive or negative, we have surrendered control."
-Yehuda Berg

My other favorite line:

"Are you telling me that we're gonna sit at a table and negotiate with those people?" We're gonna take their power away and we're not gonna have this kind of problem again."
-John Edwards

Sending my love, waiting to see you both with arms wide open!

PW
Florida
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:58:00 am by Lataet » Report Spam   Logged
Shar

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:36:59 am »

Elizabeth and John,

Whenever you are ready, I'll be there with you, for you, and by your side, through thick and thin.

As always,

Shar
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:17:37 am »

The people who needed your advocacy still do.  Poverty, lack of healthcare, lack of educational opportunities, unemployment, those things are still all there.  Waiting for a voice.  I hope you can find the strength to continue to speak out for them, as we will continue to try to speak and advocate for them as well.  You have inspired many to action on behalf of the less fortunate that had previously been silent. Thank you both for what you have already done, and what you will do in the future.  Compassionately, Destiny
Report Spam   Logged
MartaG

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:19 am »

Dear John and Elizabeth,

Just a short note to  let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers and we want to thank you
for bringing us all together, which has encouraged a movement that is still very strong.

We are here with you, as you of all the candidates understood that "we are in this together", and inspired such loyalty and passion in us because you message was from the heart. So when one of us is down, we rally to support, because we are "all brothers and sisters".

This too shall pass.

Very sincerely,

MGC
Vienna, VA
Report Spam   Logged
IM4JRE

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 11:32:25 am »

Hello John and Elizabeth and family,

Just wanted to tell you that nothing has changed in my support of you.  You both have been such positive people in my life, when clouds appeared, you were my sunshine and made my day.

Your visions for One America For All is what drew me to you back in 2003 and I believe the visions are even stronger today.  I stand with you, for you, beside you and that will never change.  May God look down upon you all and give you strength and courage and your love for one another be tenfold stronger.

One saying that absolutely made a difference in my life was the first time I heard you speak and this is what you said:

"We never look down on anyone, instead we lift them up."

Those words made me a better person, and I thank you for them.

We need your voice, your ideals more than ever before.  Thank you for all you have done and all that you will do in the future.

Please give Cate, Emma Claire and Jack a hello and hug from their Iowa friend. 

Jackie in Ankeny, Iowa

Report Spam   Logged
yddemocrat

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:12:25 pm »

John and Elizabeth,

You have helped many of us find our voice. Please join us when you are ready.

BM
Ronceverte, WV
Report Spam   Logged
Karita Hummer

Child of an Immigrant

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 12:03:54 am »

Such a beautifully written letter, stating so well my own deepest feelings for John and Elizabeth Edwards. 

I want to add my thoughts about the agenda for which John and Elizabeth fought so hard. 

Dear John and Elizabeth,

I will be 68 next month, and I have never worked on a campaign that meant so much to me, not since that of Bobby Kennedy, because I believed that your agenda would truly have transformed America. John, you diagnosed our problems correctly and found the best solutions for solving them. 

When I worked in the snows of Iowa last January, I had that single vision of One America always in my mind.  The cause you espoused, to eradicate poverty here and in the world, was my cause, too.  I truly cherished the vision, and it remains in my heart, still.  I want to work toward the vision you both spelled out and I hope you will continue to offer us your leadership, guidance and advice.

When you both speak, you still speak for me.  Your voices are important, and I hope you will look to us always to amplify your message, as it is always so on target.

God bless you and your family.

Karita Hummer
San Jose, CA

p.s.  My husband and I both feel strongly that your message resonates with us.
We think of ourselves as Edwards Democrats, which we define this way:

Edwards Democrat, A Democrat who believes our Party should have the backbone to stay true to its core value of advancing the common good.  Karita and Paul Hummer
Report Spam   Logged

When You Pray,
Move Your Feet.
-- African Proverb.
Kathy

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

Dear John & Elizabeth,

Our country needs you now more than ever. 

You have bravely stood up to the corporate interests who have a stranglehold on our democracy and have been tireless advocates for us "little guys."  You were the only real voice in our party reminding us to "have some backbone" and stand up for our core Democratic principles again.  On the issues, you never equivocated...we always knew where you stood.  For the legions of us tired of triangulation, capitulation, and politics as usual, you were a breath of fresh air.

We are not going to allow the National Chamber of Commerce or the corporate media to win this one...We need you back!

Sincerely,
Kathy Callan
Retired Teacher
Redding, CA
Report Spam   Logged
looneysinger

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 02:48:32 pm »

john and elizbeth, i want to thankyou for all you have done for us here. you cared about us and the issues that we are facing today in our country. to me you both are the camelot we waited for! there will never be another jack or jackie or the both of you! i know these are hard and troubled times for you both. but, i pray that both of you hang in there for the sake of your children and for the country. the media i feel should have let this alone. this is a private matter between the both of you. that is not for me to judge. liz has forgiven you and so should all of us and stand with you both on the issues that are dear to both of your hearts! these are the issues that brought all of us to your website and has brought us here. may god be with the both of you and your family. again i thankyou for being you! janine(looneysinger) Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 04:44:22 pm »

Dear John and Elizabeth,

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you stand for, believe in and fight for, it was through both of you where we found our voices.

We were heart broken when we received the news that you had suspended your campaign and that your blog site would be going down. The good news is that we never went away but instead gathered together once again under The John Edwards Movement Continues web site.

We will stand strong and we will fight on together.

Warmest Regards,

Marline
SC
Report Spam   Logged
Marilyn4Edwards

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 04:49:40 pm »

I'm not sure when this was on Oprah as I received an email with the attached link from a coworker.  This is very touching but sad.  What Randy Pausch says is so true about making life count each day.

This is 11 minutes long so make sure you have that time to see this.  A must see.

http://video.stumbleupon.com/?s=ithct48cqw&i=ufcchmyxqsuj9vwsemax

Report Spam   Logged
debbie in nj

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 09:39:37 pm »

John and Elizabeth,

I agree with what everybody else has mentioned. It is a touchy subject, but you are human, and allowed to make mistakes. There has been way too much focus on this, it is none of our business. I will not read anything else written about it, I know all I need to know. There are a lot more issues they could make a big stink over. The true supporters, friends, whatever they call us.....are still behind the Edwardses 100%, no matter what.

I still believe John has great ideas and I believe he would've been the best president we ever had. Hopefully, somewhere in the future, he will have the opportunity to do great things for this country. I know he can.

John, Elizabeth, we love you, pray for you and keep you in our thoughts. Take care of yourselves and your beautiful children.

Debbie
Linden, NJ
Report Spam   Logged

love, hope and strength
mailiang

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 10:32:52 pm »

Dear Elizabeth and John,
None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. This is a personal issue and it should now stay that way.
It's time to get on with the John's agenda to stop poverty. We need to focus on what is important and John can help steer the Democratic party in the right direction. If William Jefferson Clinton could move on beyond his personal mistakes so can John. After, despite his poor judgment, the former President has always enjoyed a very high approval rating.
Report Spam   Logged
Acebass

Edwards Democrat!

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 11:39:30 pm »

John and Elizabeth

To err is human, to forgive is divine. When your ready just say the word and I will be there to help in anyway I can. This too shall pass.

Love and Admiration to you both, stay strong!

RKM
Report Spam   Logged

"I represent the grown up wing of the Democratic Party" John Edwards
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum