The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 09:19:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Unfortunately due to the need for additional funding to keep the ads away, they will be returning to the site.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  This shouldnt affect performance of the site.  Thank you.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Letter of Support to Elizabeth and John Edwards

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter of Support to Elizabeth and John Edwards  (Read 2373 times)
Krissie

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:09:48 am »

John and Elizabeth,
   As you already know, everything will be fine....in time.
   I will always love and admire you both. You have touched
   my life in profound ways and we are reminded that this is,
   after all, just life we're doing here anyway. Love rules, always.
            Krissie from Seattle
Report Spam   Logged
DW

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 07:42:53 am »

John and Elizabeth Edwards,
      Thank you both for your enlightening progressive spirit.  It is because of your involvement in American politics that many of us are proud to make the distinction between being a Democrat and being a Progressive Democrat.  Thank you for all you have accomplished and looking forward to working with you on future endeavors in the spirit of "One America".

Volunteer campaigner for "John Edwards for President",
progressive populist,
DW,
Missouri
Report Spam   Logged
JoAnnCr

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 08:28:35 am »

John and Elizabeth,

Once you get your bearings, I hope you will be on the offensive again. The media wants to talk with you so why not use it as your platform to bring up poverty and health care?

I know from personal experience what a difficult time this is for you but do not let others take the reins. You are the ground breakers. You have shaped this election and you are still needed.

Lots of Love,

Jo Ann
Proud Jefferson County Coordinator for John Edwards 2008
Fairfield, Iowa
Report Spam   Logged
Miss Dem

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 08:54:42 am »

Dear Senator and Mrs. Edwards,

Words are difficult, but I know in my heart of hearts that "this too shall pass."  Whatever has happened in your private life is yours and yours alone to work out between you.  But what you
both have done in your public life is nothing less than spectacular.  Your message must continue,
and who is better to keep bringing that message to our beloved yet troubled country than the two
of you!

Please summon up your ample courage and dignity and speak for those who have no voice.  The
silent, powerless part of the "Two America's" needs you more than ever.

Nothing you have done is not forgiven by those who matter.

CDL
South Carolina

With sincerity and love,

Report Spam   Logged
SC Gal

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:15 am »

To The Edwards Family,

Until this year,  I have never become involved in a political campaign.  I am fifty years old, and no candidate has ever inspired me to think that...just maybe...I could make a difference.  I put out signs, made calls inviting people to an event in John's hometown of Seneca, SC, and worked the phone bank on primary day.

Many people have asked me how I feel about what I did now.  The answer is quick and easy.  I am proud of what I did, and I certainly have no regrets!  I will volunteer for another Edwards Campaign if I am given the opportunity.

I don't think it is my place to stand in judgement of a person's private life.  I do know that the media exposes things that have nothing to do with leadership and use these deeply personal and private issues to determine who leads our country.  It is not the place of the media to stand in judgement, either.

Perhaps it would be appropriate for all people in the public eye to announce,  "I have made mistakes.  I have done things I am ashamed of.  I have made poor choices."   Can any mortal being claim they have not done things they would rather keep private?  Is there anyone who has not wished they could go back in time and change something they  have said or done?

John and Elizabeth,  you have brought important issues to the attention of this country.  Many people didn't want to hear these things.  When I think of or speak of you, it will be to discuss the good things you have done.   You have gone through many difficult things, and have used them to help others.  Neither of you deserve what the media has dealt to you now, nor does your family. 

Godspeed!  America still needs you!

JP

Report Spam   Logged
mamabear

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 10:51:33 am »

Dear Senator and Mrs. Edwards and Family:

We continue to stand with you and your agenda for One Strong America.

If we waited for perfection, we would never have leaders, spouses, children, friends--or be able to live in our own skins.

Please know that we will never forget who set the progressive agenda, discussion, and vision. We know why BCM (Big Corporate Media) is having a field day: because John and Elizabeth Edwards have had the courage to stand up to big corporations for the common good.

Thank you for all the important good work you've done and will, no doubt, continue to do.

Our prayers are with you.

We love you.

Marla Doherty
Redding OneCorps, captain
Redding, CA
Report Spam   Logged
Iowa Dem Lady

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 10:56:01 am »

Elizabeth and John,

When you are ready, your voices are needed. I will be ready to stand with you again.

J.L.
Ames Iowa
Report Spam   Logged
labelle55

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 12:04:56 pm »

Over the past 10 years, I have learned many things.  One is, God does things for mysterious reasons, and I am not an avid 'churchie' but I do believe this.  Second is, all things work out, maybe not as we planned or wanted, but they DO work out.  Third; Poverty doesn't care about who or when; it can hit any of us at anytime.  I work with homeless children, and I see this daily.  DO NOT GIVE UP THIS MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE.  I will tell you what I tell my homeless students: if you need me, call.  I answer.
Royann Lane
The 5th Day Project
Clinton, LA
Report Spam   Logged
ChiciB1

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 03:54:43 pm »

To The Edwards Family,

I just want to say that you have been an inspiration to me for quite some time and I remain loyal.  People make mistakes, and many much more serious than yours.  Do I wish I never heard about it, for sure... but I believe in forgiveness.  I also feel this is something very personal and will never understand how vicious others can be.  Plus I  think I understand much of the "how & why" because I've been there myself.  I always say that things happen for a reason, and most reasons aren't very clear.  As you already know, time heals wounds and you can go on.  You've done it before and I know it hurts.  Stay strong.

I still miss what could have been and still think your message was one "for the people."  My wish is that you and Elizabeth will hold you heads high and continue the work you started.  America is in need of overwhelming help and I still believe you both can make a difference.  Many are suffering in many ways and our country seems to have lost it's rudder.  I believe you DID want to help it heal... more so than many others.

I still have many friends who believe in you and support you.  I don't pray in the traditional way having left the Catholic Church many years ago, still I pray in my own way... so my prayers are with you.

Fight On,
Chici
Nokomis, FL
Report Spam   Logged
Mary A

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 04:32:23 pm »

Dear John and Elizabeth,

Many here have already expressed what is also in my heart. I am grateful for this chance to add a few thoughts in the hope that, collectively, our words convey even a small amount of the love, light, and support we send to you and your beautiful children.

As a former newspaper reporter, I was appalled at what passed for campaign coverage, and the Washington Post even published one of my letters to that effect. True to form, media coverage continues to focus on tearing down instead of building up; on sensationalizing instead of addressing real problems; and on kicking people when they're down instead of letting them heal -- because, hey, God forbid that our leaders have the same frailties as other human beings.

Life is hard for any of us, and you have borne more than your share of suffering. Despite it all, or perhaps because of it, only you -- both of you -- stood for those who suffer the most in our country and around the world. Only you brought a message of fundamental justice, hope, and change to the presidential campaign. And your proposals to achieve that fundamental change profoundly shifted the entire Democratic agenda. After you withdrew, the other Democratic candidates stood on your shoulders.

The need for your message and your leadership has not diminished in the slightest. I truly believe that time will heal -- and that the time will come for you to lead again. What form that will take, dear John and Elizabeth, only you can determine when you are ready.

Above all, I hold you and your whole family in my heart as you proceed through this difficult period. May God's grace, strength, and peace enfold and protect you always.

Blessings,
MA
Vienna, VA
Report Spam   Logged

"Be the change you want to see in the world."~Mohandas K. Gandhi
westlib

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 04:53:54 pm »

We hope that you know that you still have many people who care about you and the work you are trying to do in order to make life for all Americans - one of hope and health. Don't forget that the ideals you both fight so strongly for are still a beacon for so many of us.
We need you to continue this fight when you are ready.

WRL and CRL
Report Spam   Logged
Javier
COREGROUP

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 05:17:39 pm »

Dear John & Elizabeth:

I believe in you, you touch my life in a profound way. I believe in you, you both are a beacon of light. I beleive in you, I know you beleive in me, I am too the son of a mill worker.

Javier Amador
Hillsborough, NC
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:20:55 pm by Javier » Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 10:36:28 pm »

John and Elizabeth,
The above letter pretty much covers how I feel as well. I would like to add that I found my voice with John's campaign.  I have never blogged before.  I never thought anyone wanted to hear what I have to say.  I finally realized that what I have to say is as important as the next person's ideas.  I became strong and found my own voice because I saw Elizabeth and John standing up for me and every other person that has felt voiceless in America.  I figured with everything that has happened in their lives, I should be able to stand up as well.  If you hadn't run, who knows if we would ever have talked about poverty in America?  You have lit a fire in me that still burns bright.  I have found my voice and no one is going to shut me up any more.  I'm not going to be the wallflower that sits and lets the world pass me by.  If I have something to say, and something to offer, I will do what needs to be done.  Thank you for giving me the courage that I didn't even know that I had all along.  Thank you for running on issues that are important to the American people.  I want to add that I think the story is not completed and that it is my fervent hope that you will get back out there and fight the good fight.  Poverty is still going to be there and nobody seems to be talking about it any more.  You are needed now more than ever because without your voice, so many are left voiceless.  I know the road can be rough but the first step is the hardest of any journey.  You are the voice that was needed when my sister died an early death because she didn't have health insurance.  Your are the voice that was needed when my nephew had his had ground off in an unsafe work environment.  You are the voice that was needed when my son had to move out of Michigan after graduating from college because there wasn't a job for him there.  You are the voice that was needed when the locals in the neighboring town were "locked" out and lost their jobs because they had a three day strike.  I could go on and on.  The truth is everybody has a story to tell and someone needs to both hear the story and fight for what's right.  I still think you are the person that can best fight that fight.  God speed.  The best one can do is to do what their best at!  Be the champion for the poor like you were meant to be.
Report Spam   Logged
kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 11:49:38 pm »

one may be disappointed to find that you were merely human after all--but your supporters always knew that you, of all people, were no messiah.

myself, i am beyond disappointment.  i am "divinely dissatisfied."

when mlk jr was asked, "Where do we go from here?" he responded "America, you must be born again!...Let us be dissatisfied until America will no longer have a high blood pressure of creeds and an anemia of deeds.  Let us be dissatisfied until the tragic walls that separate the outer city of wealth and comfort and the inner city of poverty and despair shall be crushed by the battering rams of the forces of justice.  Let us be dissatisfied until those that live on the outskirts of hope are brought into the metropolis of daily security.  Let us be dissatisfied until slums are cast into the junk heaps of history, and every family is living in a decent sanitary home."

i have said that the first thing you lose when you are poor, is your voice.  you once wrote: Poverty's greatest ally is pessimism.  Too many people believe that we can do nothing to fight poverty.  Instead of hearing the biblical admonition that "the poor will always be with us'" as a call to action,they hear a reason to be quiet. 

the both of you gave a voice to the people in this country who did not have a voice.  in lead and in chorus, in our hearts and with our talents, with our time and with our money, whether it be online, on the phones, pen to paper or door to door--we have added our voices to yours and to theirs.  in that process, we found and founded a great community of good people with the like mind of working for the forces of good in this world,  all of us were inspired by your voices.  so this too is your work:

"I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see,
I sought my God, but he eluded me,
I sought my brother, and i found all three."

i have said in the past that i would support you in any endeavors you choose to pursue.  i still will.  remember the words that mlk jr's son brought to you, and i hope that in time, you will both regain your voice.  in the meantime:  i, for one, will not be quiet.

Truly,

SHS, a wife and mother
Greenbelt, MD
Report Spam   Logged
sandiegtampabay
COREGROUP

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 10:34:03 am »

Dear John and Elizabeth,

It is in itself, a tribute to how deeply close in our hearts you both are, that we can feel perfectly comfortable
calling you by your first names.

We miss you dearly.  Collectively and individually, we feel your absence, profoundly.  You once asked "Do you
dare to believe?"  Not since JFK, had I dared to believe.  I thought that the faith that someone could bring
about the change that politicians, on all the issues you brought to the forefront and have been promising for
70 years, had died in me when he died.  You, John, you made me believe, again, and Elizabeth your courage
gave me courage to speak up and nothing will ever silence me again!

I know from experience that what you are going through, is very difficult and when you are in the midst of it, the
emotional upheaval is so overwhelming, it feels almost bigger than life itself.  While it looms over us as catastrophic,
the truth is mid-life crisis is a common human failing that nothing can prepare you for, and only the two of you,
working together can prevail.  I do not doubt for one moment that you both have the love you need to overcome what
you are facing now. 

Life is the end result of daily short term and long term choices and now in addition to all the personal decisions you
are both faced with, there is the decision of what will happen to your public life.  Really, there are only two
options:  you can choose to let the mainstream media, the pundits and critics, and all your enemies silence your voice,
or you can choose to continue being the voice of those to whom no one else listens, the many in need, living in poverty
and ill or dying, daily,  from  bureaucratic neglect. 

No one criticizing you is without his/her own poor choices in life, and millions of us know that such criticisms are
irrelevant when compared to the greater good you both have done.  I plea with you both, with the utmost respect
and admiration, that you choose those of us who love and need you,  and in so doing, deny your enemies their victory.

There is no greater salute to an absent leader than the fact that his followers continue to await, united in their vigil,
for their leader to return.  John, Elizabeth...we wait for your return, however slowly that may be in the beginning,
because we know no one will guide our paths the way you have thus far, in hopes that we will see real change in our
lifetimes.

May all our prayers and thoughts wrap you in a cloud of healing rays and return peace and energy to
your lives.

With love, deep respect and admiration,

Sandie Griffin
Mother, Grandmother, Energy company retiree
Tampa, Florida
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum