The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 28, 2024, 06:51:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome Guests.
Enjoy your visit. You'll have more topics to read and options available if you register.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Letter of Support to Elizabeth and John Edwards

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter of Support to Elizabeth and John Edwards  (Read 2372 times)
4edwords08
COREGROUP

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 05:13:40 pm »

Dear John & Elizabeth,

My husband, 2 sons and I are still proud that we are Edwards Democrats.  The issues and reasons for your getting into the Presidential race are still evident.  From the 2 Americas to become 1, the 200,000 homeless vets, the serious illegalities in our justice system, the many crimes perpetrated by the Bush administration, our problems are many and we need a lot of help.  Shrug off the N E persona that Murdoch's papers are trying to give you and speak out for those that are in need.  You 2 are the only reason that there is a healthcare debate.  Come back, shake it off, get back to work .

With great admiration for most of your choices, your passion, your ideals-

Fondly,
4edwards08
Report Spam   Logged

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.” Thomas Jefferson
24hrlib

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 11:17:13 am »

John & Elizabeth,

My three children will all vote in their first presidential election this year.  Mary will soon be 20 and the twins, Max and Meg are just 18.  I drug them kicking and screaming to the Iowa Caucus.  They weren't terribly excited at the idea of two hours talking politics.  Yet, they stood proud with me for the Edwards Campaign.  They learned about Two Americas, the fight to lasso poverty in our country and the corruption of corporate America effecting all of us.  It was the Edwards Campaign that lit a fire in them.  A fire that still burns bright.  You can take pride in knowing your influence in us.

In light of the current scandal the media is piling on us daily.  Which my children and I know is none of our business nor the media.  We want to tell you.
We'd stand tall for you again.  Any time.  Any place.  Just say when.

We believe in you.  Never stop fighting.

Connie & Kids
DesMoines, Iowa
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Penny

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 12:14:09 am »

4edwords08 you look like me!

cept, i'm epw Wink

nice to meet you if i don't know you already! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
explorer

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 12:16:47 am »

John and Elizabeth,

This is not your usual Dear John letter. Like many others, I had not thought any possibilities for substantive reform and re-direction were left without suffering an undeniable catastrophe. You made it seem a possibility again, if we all stood together and fought for it. In my case, I surprised myself. You made a difference to those who did not think they could make a difference. I stood up, and I am not kneeling down. I don't regret a single thing. I share the sentiments and outlook of the others here.

The issues you championed are still here and now. You brought them to the country in a way that no one since Teddy Roosevelt has. Don't allow that voice to be extinguished by the obfuscation of those who have targeted you both from the start.  If nothing else, I hope you still intend to keep your date with Karl Rove next month. No one else could do better against him. The country needs that exposure. In the court of public opinion, you and Elizabeth can still can make your arguments successfully heard. The people and the Republic still need you, even if the corporatists do not. I know you still have some dry powder left. Use it well.

Former Legislative District Volunteer Coordinator
Washington for Edwards
Seattle, WA
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 07:09:09 am »

This topic is now locked.  Letters have been compiled and are being formatted.

Thank you to all who took the time to give comments of support.

Lets see if our comments will work in swaying Elizabeth and John to step back into their roles as helping those without a voice.

Would the person who published the postal address please PM me with it again - I can't find the thread it was under.

Regards,

Lisa
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 11:59:53 pm »

The Email version of this letter has gone out.  The hard copy will go out tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted if/when there are any responses.

Thank you all for your time, effort and considerable thought in this show of support for Elizabeth and John and their family as well as a show of unity to keep these issues alive!
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum