The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 19, 2024, 03:25:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This site is dedicated to all of those that support the issues brought forward by John Edwards. To all of those that met on the John Edwards Blog site and made friends. To all of those that intend to keep the issues alive and ensure they remain in the mainstream and not fallen by the wayside. To those that simply want a place to call home in this topic and continue to remain in the loop or communicate with others.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

AT&T says, Thanks for sponsoring immunity!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T says, Thanks for sponsoring immunity!  (Read 725 times)
kenshin
COREGROUP

« on: August 25, 2008, 09:22:53 pm »

ok, i know i was very vocally upset about the whole fisa thing, granting immunity to the telecoms and such.  but, couldn't someone have made this a little clearer to me, that the reason why was not just to get more money from the telecoms for campaigns, but to GET MORE MONEY FOR OUR BIG PARTY IN DENVER!!:

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/07/20/10487/

remember how we had money shortages for the convention?  we kept planning bigger and bigger, and we almost had to cut down the dinners to something less extravagant?  yeah, well, it looks like situation was solved--we gave the telecoms immunity, they gave us funds for our party--they even put the deposit down on the keg.  maybe they'll return the kegs for us the next day!

why not just print on the bags, Thanks for letting us spy on Americans!  or Thanks for letting us off the hook?  or Thanks for not having a backbone?  i mean, why?  how does this make us look good?  we just look as corrupt as the next republican.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

destiny

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:46:21 pm »

OMG, this is a joke right?  No, really, I am looking at the bag, thinking this can't possibly be real and the logo starts bugging me, I go to the Obama site to see his logo again, OMG, notice any similarity?  I totally don't think that was planned but its pretty freaky.  And everyone knows how p-ssed I was about fisa, this is like rubbing salt in the wound.  Really Kenshin, tell me this is a punk. 
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:56:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
destiny

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 03:30:30 pm »

Your getting me going again 24hr lib.  See the whole fisa thing is really what was a huge no turning back point for me.  When I was listening to part of Michele's speech when she was talking about justice and all those nice platitudes about how he does whats right and what he says, I wanted to scream at her FISA FISA FISA! Please give me a good reason why he voted for it! They didn't even need his vote!
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 03:35:03 pm »

Because AT&T is a huge sponsor and he couldn't vote such a huge sponsor down? Yikes, this is so sad.
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 03:36:21 pm »

Follow the money another example.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 03:50:43 pm »

This is for the greedy corporate interest groups and our delegates. Follow the Money, Money Changes Everything. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
explorer

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:19:44 pm »

No one at the party would even talk to Glenn Greenwald, and he was there to highlight the point:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/08/25/blue_dogs/index.html

This is what it has come to.
Report Spam   Logged
MiamiForEdwards

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 03:09:02 pm »

Thanks explorer for the link.  Well said Glenn,

It was really the perfect symbol for how the Beltway political system functions -- those who dictate the nation's laws (the largest corporations and their lobbyists) cavorting in total secrecy with those who are elected to write those laws (members of Congress), while completely prohibiting the public from having any access to and knowledge of -- let alone involvement in -- what they are doing. And all of this was arranged by the corporation -- AT&T -- that is paying for a substantial part of the Democratic National Convention with millions upon millions of dollars, which just received an extraordinary gift of retroactive amnesty from the Congress controlled by that party, whose logo is splattered throughout the city wherever the DNC logo appears -- virtually attached to it -- all taking place next to the stadium where the Democratic presidential nominee, claiming he will cleanse the Beltway of corporate and lobbying influences, will accept the nomination on Thursday night.

Welcome to the new Party folks!
Report Spam   Logged
Penny

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 03:24:28 pm »

Speechless right now.

I was alright Monday.    Tuesday.....NOT alright. 

Nothing seems right, nothing is right!  What country is this?

I feel hopeless
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 04:13:47 pm »

I hear you Pen, sometimes I wish I didn't know so much.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 09:30:10 pm »

Drink the kool-aid and ignorance will be bliss!
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 12:38:00 am »

Ok, honestly I didnt drink the koolaid, but I went to his ewe site and saw nothing relating to aTT  Did I miss something?
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
PatriciaW
COREGROUP

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:54 am »

Did you see the article Kenshin linked to at the beginning of the thread?

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/07/20/10487/
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 01:40:37 pm »

They gave out tote bags with the logo of AT&T on it. I would of preferred they hand out American Flags to everyone present. Bucklaw brought up the lack of American flags at the Convention and the only flags I saw was on the ceiling of the stage which was done by lighting. The flags appeared when Bill Clinton took the stage.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum