The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 10:56:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Contact your representative and tell them we need to opt out of buying foreign oil.   To send a message to them.  We need to use the petroleum reserve like Clinton did and the prices will drop.  We're the biggest market in the world - if we stop buying that will send a message.  So, help make that happen - unless you all love paying others to get rich beyond reason..including Iraq who is making a 70 billion profit from us and our men and women are hurt and dying.  So stand up folks and take action on this one.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Convention Speakers- Opinion-How Do You Think They Did?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Convention Speakers- Opinion-How Do You Think They Did?  (Read 1080 times)
Marline

« on: August 25, 2008, 09:25:26 pm »

I feel so bad for Senator Edward Kennedy, but he sure is a go getter and did such a great job. He didn't change my mind, don't get me wrong there but seeing him there and speaking after what he has gone through touched my hear.

Now I'm waiting for Michelle, good grief, after all she has said I take her as a bitter woman and now she's going to put on a show and portray herself as something she is not. GOOD GRIEF! I bet my comments on her speech will not be kind hearted.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

destiny

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:55 pm »

I posted on Sen. Kennedy elsewhere, but to reiterate, my respect and admiration for his strength, courage and conviction to his life's work.
Report Spam   Logged
westlib

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:01:59 pm »

I also commented on the Hillary Clinton thread. Glad you are watching, Marline. You have more patience than I do.
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:06:28 pm »

Grin Grin westlib, I won't miss a bit of it, I'm a glutton for punishment.

My take on Michelle's speech........Just as I expected with Michelle, for sure it was not her words but I have to admit she had a very good speech writer just as Obama does. She messed up a couple of times with the teleprompters but one of the worst lies was when she spoke of Hillary. Michelle has no compassion for Hillary so what a crock that was. She did what she had to do and that was being someone she is not at least in all she said but she did sell herself.

Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:31 pm »

This was not the Michelle I know to be..... I stole this video from someone on here, sorry, but this is the Michelle I know.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 11:17:17 pm »

Pelosi = botox snooze
Jessie Jackson Jr = rigid and without character (not charismatic like his Dad).
Kennedy = respectful and endearing
Michelle's Brother = out of place, but real and proud
Michelle =  good speech, good delivery, but no more than good, because it wasn't her words.  Too much of a make over, softer make up, clothing, voice and projection.  Too much soft too soon.  So it wasn't believable.
Obama's kids = the highlight of the evening.  Sasha was the only 'natural' in the crowd.

I thought Michelle's worst moment in the speech was mentioning the Iraq War.  Like in the past telling us "getting out immediately."  But they've added "and responsibly."  Which means War is not over. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acb15JsCGSk&feature=related
Bring out Troops home than NEVER forget them!!

Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
bucklaw

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 11:52:57 pm »

Go John, Go. Obama lied in NH. He basically told the people that he didn't vote for the war, he couldn't, that got him through a few states, didn't it?

Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 11:46:36 am »

Fantastic breakdown bucklaw! When it came to Michelle bringing up the Iraq war she did in fact use the word responsibly. That is Hillary's exact words during one of the primary debates. Yes from bring our troops home to now responsibly bring our troops home, the very words of Hillary. There will be a time line in place before November now it has to be carried out and will be by whoever is our next President. As much as others may disagree with me I always thought Hillary was right in saying responsibly.

Hillary's speech is going to be one hell of a speech tonight and she will do her best to get her supporters to go to Obama's side. It is true that Obama's platform and Hillary's have been close during the primaries but the huge problem with that is that Obama has turned on his core supporters after he won the nomination. How can he be trusted, I have about 16 flip flops of his listed under the main topic Obama, sub topic "Why Obama Should Be President NOT", yes bucklaw Obama lied. Hillary may be able to persuade some of her supporters to Obama's side but not me because Obama showed us already that he will say anything to win, how in the world can he be trusted?

Obama has used the words of JFK, Martin Luther King and Biblical terms but no matter what he is not a JFK and never will be.
Report Spam   Logged
looneysinger

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 11:51:19 am »

yes marline he will never be jfk! he can never ever touch the bottom of jfk's shoes! i have not watched any of last nite and i do not intend to watch hillary cause she caved in to the obama's and the dnc! it is a sad day and year for the democrat party  none of the convention will i watch and i cannot wait till it is over! looneysinger
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 11:34:55 am »

Hillary's speech was probably one of her best speeches but it never defined Obama as a leader. What her speech did is bring tears to my eyes just as John's would of if he had been there.

Hillary's speech also showed me that she is a true leader, she is the one with the experience and she is the one who should have been the nominee. When I think of why she did not ever mention Obama as a leader I would say she couldn't because he is just not ready for the highest job in the nation at this time. She did ask us all to unite and show us how important it is to vote for the Democratic Party, which means of course Obama. I understand the logic behind that but I can't vote for Obama, the head of the party now and what the DNC has done.

If they lose in November the Democratic Party can only blame themselves. 
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 01:53:48 pm »

Kucinich rocked the house!  Grin Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Marilyn4Edwards

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:43 pm »

Ah man Kucinich spoke last night.  I missed it - Rats!  Dennis was my 1st presidential candidate pick actually before Edwards because he is for single payer healthcare for all (Medicare).
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 02:07:29 pm »

I didn't see Kucinich.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 02:08:33 pm »

I posted it here under the convention thread titled, something like this will make you shout!
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 04:29:49 pm »

Bill Clinton was given a 10 minute time line for his speech, this should be interesting, I think Bill is going to go overtime. Also, the Obama camp is going to let Bill talk about whatever he wants, well no duhhhh I don't think anyone can control Bill Clinton and I think that is the prominent reason Hillary was not chosen for the VP slot. Bill will not be at Invesco Field tomorrow night for Obama's speech, there is obviously a little bitterness left there and I think only because of how the DNC, media treated Hillary and because he knows Obama is not the man for the job.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum