The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 19, 2024, 10:45:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Unfortunately due to the need for additional funding to keep the ads away, they will be returning to the site.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  This shouldnt affect performance of the site.  Thank you.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hillary Will Have A Roll Call

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Will Have A Roll Call  (Read 495 times)
Marline

« on: August 27, 2008, 11:11:59 am »

News today is that Hillary will have her roll call. Obama seems to have come to his senses and knows it's the best way to handle it. Well duhhhhhhhhhh Obama it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure that out. People want this guy as President when it took him awhile to figure that out.  Gezzzzzzzzz

Now that we know that I just have to see if she will dismiss it 1/2 way through as I heard before.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

24hrlib

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 01:40:48 pm »

Is it being done on the convention floor.  Or privately in their rooms?  And how does that work.  Please, don't say diebold touch pad.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Marline

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:45:56 pm »

I think it will be done on the roll is Obama's best move but Hillary can dismiss it half way through, we will have to wait and see. Does anyone know what time the roll call is to begin?
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:06:14 pm »

I heard the roll call will begin at 7:00 p.m. EDT but they are doing something at 5:00 p.m. something they write in, I'm not sure what that is about. They are now saying all states will be included, at least at this hour it's been reported. I also heard that it is still possible for Hillary to be VP, something to do with the roll call but I think it's impossible. Also they are saying Hillary is to release all her delegates this afternoon, we will have to see how that plays out.
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:06:42 pm »

Its over, she did it, she stopped the vote.  She did what was expected and they will continue to vilify her for not doing it enthusiastically enough.   Cry  Our loss, truly ours.
Report Spam   Logged
MiamiForEdwards

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 07:02:36 pm »

I agree Destiny it is our loss.  And a great loss for our daughters who will not have the written record reflect that the first serious female contender for the presidency earned over 1600 pledged delegate votes representing close to 18 million voters.  First the delegate sessions this morning at the hotels and written ballots before the floor vote, then Hillary Clinton releases her delegates and the rest is history. 

http://heidilipotpourri.blogspot.com/

Regardless of what people see on their televisions over the next hour or so, do not be fooled. No ritual that is preceded by private balloting can be understand to be a genuine or authentic vote. When Americans go to vote in the general election, for example, they will not be rounded up beforehand and asked to sign documents stating how they will vote before hand. If we were, the documents would not count as votes anyway. That is because, messy and imperfect as federal elections can be, the one thing the government does is at least try to do is to make the elections that occur on Election Day be genuine decision making making mechanisms, a chance for those eligible to vote to cast ballots according to a previously established procedure to use that procedure to decide the question at hand.

Quite the opposite has occurred at the Democratic Party convention this year. Every effort has been made to ensure that today's televised proceedings NOT be the actual mechanism to decide the Democratic Party's nominee, to turn what could and should have been a vote into a "vote".

What we are watching today more closely resembles closely Iranian parliamentary elections than U.S. federal elections.

A "vote" is not a vote. It is a sham, a fake, a show.
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 08:53:23 pm »

I can't even look at Nancy Pelosi.  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:32:25 am »

Did anyone happen to hear the roll call?  The states that began, did they call out their nominee?  Was it always oby or was it Hil?  Just curious.
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
destiny

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 05:43:40 am »

It was messed up, some states "passed", some ie arkansas called out their votes wrong.  Didn't matter, it was a totally prestaged media event.  And don't even get me started on Pelosi.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum