The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 08:48:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: How can you help improve the world and unite America?
Read some of what's happening in the actions area.  See how our soldiers need our help in the Iraq section, Find out how to help children with disabilities, and more.  Take action American and help!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Invesco Field

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Invesco Field  (Read 2662 times)
Marline

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 04:31:23 pm »

I hear he's going to wear a toga. Just kidding. Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 06:56:34 pm »

What a User......... Good Grief, talk about marketing, that's what he did to those that signed up for the text message, the first to know, NOT!

The Obama campaign is requiring some people who want to attend Barack Obama's speech at Invesco Field to perform 6 hours of volunteer work even though it doesn't guarantee a ticket.

Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 07:00:45 pm »

Roman Colums, what a clown, I hope he changes it or else he's going to look bad and there will be lots to laugh about. Good Grief Obama where is your head up your azz?

Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

I forgot to mention at least something good about his appearance at Invesco Field. He is going to enter onto the stage by coming up through the floor, it could of been worse he could of entered from being lowered onto the stage from the sky. Me bad for sure.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:03:56 pm »

Now you tell me, even Biden said the Greek columns are too much. This is too funny that his own VP came out with that.  I wish I had a modify button, cause I just keep on coming up with stuff, but this will have to do. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 09:08:55 pm »

And the meek shall inherit the earth.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 09:17:18 pm »

When I first read about the "working for a ticket" report a few weeks ago.  My understanding was it would bring in the most enthusiastic supporters willing to work for what ever "we are the ones we've been waiting for" means.  In other words:  the supporters who have not drank the kool-aid, but inject it.  You know, the Hillary hecklers....
Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Marline

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 11:40:47 am »

Looks to me it's not going to be something that was not done before.

Barack Obama's appearance in Denver won't be the first convention speech framed by Greek columns.

Republicans who are mocking Obama's appearance haven't mentioned it, but George W. Bush accepted his own nomination in 2004 on a set with a similar neoclassical theme, with columns rising on either side of him, as the pictures above and below show.

Indeed, the Bush set and the Obama sets currently look strikingly similar, with the podium set well in front of the columns, and connected by a path.

The attachment to kitsch, particularly at political conventions, is clearly bipartisan. (There are also a couple of columns in America, as Matthew Yglesias notes.)

Pictures:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/Bushs_2004_temple.html

Report Spam   Logged
PatriciaW
COREGROUP

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 02:05:18 pm »

Looks to me it's not going to be something that was not done before.

Barack Obama's appearance in Denver won't be the first convention speech framed by Greek columns.

Republicans who are mocking Obama's appearance haven't mentioned it, but George W. Bush accepted his own nomination in 2004 on a set with a similar neoclassical theme, with columns rising on either side of him, as the pictures above and below show.

Indeed, the Bush set and the Obama sets currently look strikingly similar, with the podium set well in front of the columns, and connected by a path.

The attachment to kitsch, particularly at political conventions, is clearly bipartisan. (There are also a couple of columns in America, as Matthew Yglesias notes.)

Pictures:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/Bushs_2004_temple.html

They can say they're recycling Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
MiamiForEdwards

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 06:30:41 pm »

Why would the Dems want to recycle anything resembling GWB?   And top it off by bringing in the set designer for Britney Spears' concerts.  Really, they are setting themselves up for the attack ads and making it too easy. 
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:57 pm »

I hear the podium is rising from the ground up to the stage not Obama. Good thinking dumb butt or is it, maybe nothing should rise up from the ground. Heck who knows maybe they changed it.
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 11:01:15 pm »

I have to say it was totally beautiful, I didn't care much for the window behind him but the theatrics were fantastic however I would of liked nothing better then to have seen John or Hillary in his place. They say no other politician could attract so many and some say 85,000 were in attendance.

Report Spam   Logged
Penny

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 11:06:22 pm »

I have to say that he got my attention, I believe him and I see why John endorsed him.

I loved him four years ago and tonight I am feeling much better about this election. 
I'm happy for me!
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 11:25:56 pm »

That's what the show was all about to dazzle the willing and convert them to followers. I'm sure he brought quite a few over with the beautiful show and wonderful speech. Not me I want nothing to do with all his flip flops, all 16 of them cause words are words with Obama. I in no way condone his associations and I certainly can't stick up for him on that.

I understood Hillary was going to be there but Bill wasn't, well I didn't see her anyone else see her?
Report Spam   Logged
Penny

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 11:31:36 pm »

That's what the show was all about to dazzle the willing and convert them to followers. I'm sure he brought quite a few over with the beautiful show and wonderful speech. Not me I want nothing to do with all his flip flops, all 16 of them cause words are words with Obama. I in no way condone his associations and I certainly can't stick up for him on that.

I understood Hillary was going to be there but Bill wasn't, well I didn't see her anyone else see her?

Marline, "the show" did nothing for me, I was laughing at it and quite bored before he spoke.

It was him that spoke to me. Him alone.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum