The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 28, 2024, 04:16:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Unfortunately due to the need for additional funding to keep the ads away, they will be returning to the site.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  This shouldnt affect performance of the site.  Thank you.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

TIME.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME.  (Read 284 times)
bucklaw

« on: August 29, 2008, 11:17:20 am »

As I was watching the convention, I was thinking about the project I tried to get off the ground regarding homeless vets and how really it seemed hard to do even with the help of caring people.

In retrospect, I realized that it would have worked at a convention, lots of people whom might pay attention to the issue or push an idea forward. I got my answer but too late for me. Ha.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

24hrlib

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 11:59:44 pm »

Here's a message I'm passing on from a friend who is a Decorated Vietnam War Veteran:

In his acceptance speech at the 2008 Republican National Convention, John McCain said that he is a fighter. This is true. He has fought hard against funding for veterans. Here are the facts.

McCain Refused to Support Sen. Jim Webb's and Chuck Hagel's new GI Bill--and then tried to take credit for it.

The bill, officially called the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2007, would establish a program of educational assistance for members of the Armed Forces who serve in the Armed Forces after September 11, 2001.

Sen. Jim Webb has called on McCain to sign on as a co-sponsor to his GI bill

The bill has 51 co-sponsors including 9 Republicans but needs 60 co-sponsors to make it filibuster proof.

McCain Voted Against $19 Billion for Military Hospitals, Choosing Tax Cuts for Wealthiest Earners over Veterans.

In February 2006, McCain voted against an amendment that would have provided for at least $19 billion for military health facilities, paid for by eliminating tax cuts for the wealthiest earners.

*Senate Amendment 2735, Amendment failed.

McCain Voted Against Legislation to Provide $2.8 Billion For Medical Care for Veterans.

McCain voted against a 2006 Democratic amendment that would have provided $2.8 billion to increase veterans' medical care.

*Senate Amendment 149, Amendment failed.

McCain Voted Against Establishing $1 Billion Trust Fund to Provide Improvements to Military and Veterans' Health Facilities

McCain voted against an Amendment to establish a $1 billion trust fund to provide improvements to health facilities that treat veterans and military personnel paid for by allowing dividends and capital gains tax breaks, for those with incomes greater than $1 million to lapse on December 31, 2006.

*Senate Amendment 2735

McCain Chooses Corporations Over Veterans, Voting Against Adding $1.5 billion to Veterans' Medical Services in 2007 Budget by Closing Corporate Tax Loopholes.

McCain voted against an Amendment offered by Democrats to increase medical services funding to veterans by $1.5 billion in 2007, to be paid for by closing corporate tax loopholes.

*Senate Amendment 3007

McCain Voted Against Mandatory Funding of $6.9 Billion in 2007 Budget and $104 Billion Over Five Years for Veterans' Health Care.

McCain voted against a Democratic amendment to provide a mandatory stream of funding of $6.9 billion in Fiscal Year 2007 and $104 billion over five years for veterans health care; paid for by restoring the pre-2001 top tax rate for incomes over $1 million and closing various corporate tax loopholes.

Senate Amendment 3141

September 2007: McCain voted against the Webb amendment calling for adequate troop rest between deployments.

The legislation would have provided minimum periods between deployment of units and members of the Armed Forces deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.

*Senate Amendment 2909

April 2006: McCain one of only 13 Senators to vote against $430 million for Medical Services for the Department of Veteran Affairs for outpatient care and treatment for veterans.

Despite his vote against, it passed overwhelmingly, 84-13 (3 not voting). All 13 voting against were Republicans.

*Senate Amendment 3642

October 2003: McCain voted against an amendment offered by Senator Dodd that called for an additional $322 million for safety equipment for troops in Iraq.

*Senate Amendment 1817

April 2003: McCain voted against an amendment that would have provided more than $1 billion for National Guard and Reserve equipment in Iraq related to a shortage of helmets, tents, bullet-proof inserts, and tactical vests.

*Senate Amendment 452

August 2001: McCain voted against increasing the amount available for medical care for veterans by $650 million.

*Senate Amendment 1218

Please circulate this information far and wide. Let's make sure everyone knows the truth about John McCain.

Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum