The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 28, 2024, 07:29:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome Guests.
Enjoy your visit. You'll have more topics to read and options available if you register.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

My Own Letter to John Edwards

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Own Letter to John Edwards  (Read 2109 times)
norcal girl

"Is it better to be feared or respected?"

« on: August 31, 2008, 04:41:55 pm »

I didn't find out until it was too late that I could add an encouraging comment on the mass letter sent to the Edwards family. Besides, what I have to say might have been too long for it anyway. I am posting this here in hopes that one of them will read it one day.

Dear John,

I have to admit that that my reaction to the news of the affair was nothing short of mortified. I almost never follow celebrity gossip and tabloid news, and here was a piece that was worthy only for that making national headlines. I didn't want to believe it the first time around, but after awhile I had to believe it really did happen.

Don't get me wrong, I have already forgiven you for your mistake. My support for you hasn't wavered. I am reluctant to vote for Obama this November, but I have to anyway as I am not impressed by McCain either. What I don't understand is why this country is so full of cynics. "Oh great, he's lost all of his support from me now!" some are saying elsewhere. Have people forgotten about John F. Kennedy? He's one of our favorite presidents, yet why don't we crucify him for his multiple affairs with women? I don't get why most people can't get over the fact that you did this. I already acknowledged the fact that you are a human being long ago, that's probably why I have forgiven you so quickly.

Over time, I began to think that this whole thing has become quite funny. Please don't think of me as crazy, but I can't let this depress me. And neither can you. The reason why I feel like laughing when someone on TV tries to to discuss this matter is that this woman, Ms. Hunter, is so sure that you're the father of her child, yet she refuses to participate in a paternity test. That is so crazy that makes me laugh now.

It's okay to laugh. I'm one of the few people that are not treating this like it's the end of the world. A week or so after September 11, 2001, Mayor Rudy Giuliani appeared on Saturday Night Live and said, "People of New York, I give you permission to laugh." I know this affair isn't as tragic as 9/11, but I give you permission to laugh. You didn't go to the DNC convention, and I heard you canceled a lot of speaking engagements about poverty. You must not have much to do or think about these days.

Before I end this, I just want to say that the new season of Real Time With Bill Maher on HBO just started with all the political coverage you can think of, and Bill ended his New Rules segment with some words about your affair, saying that despite the fact that you made a mistake like that, we may have lost the last prominent voice that spoke out against issues of poverty in America. He tied that in with you disappearance from the DNC guest list, because the convention would have been a good place to speak about fighting poverty, at least in Bill's opinion. Poverty is a more important issue than gossip, so I hope to hear you're fighting for "those that have no voice" as I'm sure I heard you say once before.

Sincerely,
LB, from California
Edwards Campaign 08 Blog username: norcal girl
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:11:51 pm by Lataet » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

24hrlib

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:13:42 pm »

BRAVO!!
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 11:47:50 pm »

In my letter to them I invited them both here to read the letters - in addition to sending them in a word document as well.  I hope they do and that they received the letters. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
dmortell

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:53:01 am »

I read that you sent the letters via UPS.  Was wondering if you have had any reply yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:57:04 am »

No replies - sent them via email as well.
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
SC Gal

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 09:55:21 am »

Please let us know if you get a reply.
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 04:02:35 pm »

Will do!
Report Spam   Logged

norcal girl

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:49:02 pm »

You know what, I was wondering if someone could send him my letter too. I'm just hope that I didn't go too far when I wrote it.
Report Spam   Logged
MartaG

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 10:51:54 am »

Lisa,

You can mail the letter to:

John and Elizabeth Edwards
1201 Old Greensboro Road
Chapel Hill N.C. 27516

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
norcal girl

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:30:47 pm »

Oh, wow, thanks! Now I can mail the letter personally.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum