The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 28, 2024, 12:14:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAYS!!!

This messes with the oil companies bottom line.  This tactic worked before - it can work again.  DONT BUY GAS ANY Friday.  They calculate their profits fridays.  If enough of the US doesn't buy gas on this friday alone, it will send them a message.  PASS THE WORD!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

ELIZABETH OPENED THE SHOW WITH LANCE ARMSTRONG!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELIZABETH OPENED THE SHOW WITH LANCE ARMSTRONG!  (Read 802 times)
westlib

« on: September 05, 2008, 10:08:44 pm »

Elizabeth was on! I posed elsewhere wondering if she would keep this appearance. I was so hoping she would. How wonderful to see her graciousness and empathy shining through. Please let this be the start of her reemergence as a spokesperson for healthcare. Here voice is too important to be lost.

I hope you all saw her. I am watching to see if she appears again.

We love you Elizabeth!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PatriciaW
COREGROUP

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:34:55 pm »

Good for her!

If anyone runs across a YouTube link, please post.
Report Spam   Logged
Shar

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 07:24:14 pm »

Good for her!

If anyone runs across a YouTube link, please post.

This is the stand up to cancer video, just watched the intro. so far with Elizabeth and Lance, this segment was filmed before the NE mess.

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Stand_Up_To_Cancer/video/episodes/
Report Spam   Logged
westlib

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 07:30:04 pm »

Darn! I wondered about that. Well at least the Obamites did not pull the plug on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Shar

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 07:34:50 pm »

Darn! I wondered about that. Well at least the Obamites did not pull the plug on it.

Haven't had the chance to watch the rest of it, so not sure if she appeared later in the program, think it was last night.
Report Spam   Logged
Mary A

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:04:15 pm »

I did watch the program, being a breast-cancer survivor (10 years! Yay!) myself, and Elizabeth was only on during the introductory segment with Lance, which I believe (as someone mentioned) was filmed prior to JRE's admissions.

Still, it was good to see her. I do hope she will reemerge soon with some of her own speaking engagements, but all in good time.

Mary
Report Spam   Logged

"Be the change you want to see in the world."~Mohandas K. Gandhi
westlib

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:51 pm »

Mary - congrats on the 10 years. You may have read in an earlier post that my husband is 18 mos. out from his prostate cancer surgery and radiation therapy. We are going 6 month to 6 months now and can hardly wait until we can say we are 10 years out, as well. Your story really encourages us!
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:31:22 pm »

Wow congratulations to both of you!  What an inspiration!
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
Mary A

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 01:37:31 pm »

Thanks so much, westlib and Lat!

And that's great news about your husband's treatment success, westlib. My dad had prostate cancer, too, and had successful brachytherapy treatment about eight years ago.

All we can do is take things six months (or a month or a week or a day) at a time -- and realize that cancer is not necessarily a death sentence. I think the Stand Up 2 Cancer initiative (the show Elizabeth appeared on) is terrific.

I am so, so grateful. The 10-year milestone was so huge for me that I didn't even realize until writing this that I'm hitting 11 years of survival this week!

I know that Elizabeth does have some future cancer- and healthcare-related speaking commitments. I have not heard yet that she has made any public appearances since the August 8 revelations, but I hope she can resume that aspect of her life soon. She did, by the way, serve as keynote speaker to a conference of diabetes educators here in D.C. just two days before August 8. How difficult that must have been for her!
Report Spam   Logged

"Be the change you want to see in the world."~Mohandas K. Gandhi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum