The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 05:36:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This site is dedicated to all of those that support the issues brought forward by John Edwards. To all of those that met on the John Edwards Blog site and made friends. To all of those that intend to keep the issues alive and ensure they remain in the mainstream and not fallen by the wayside. To those that simply want a place to call home in this topic and continue to remain in the loop or communicate with others.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Who's Afraid of Open Debates? Are you?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's Afraid of Open Debates? Are you?  (Read 1041 times)
4edwords08
COREGROUP

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 12:47:47 am »

6/1/00

1988 news release:

The League of Women Voters is withdrawing its sponsorship of the presidential debates . . . because the demands of the two campaign organizations would perpetrate a fraud on the American voter. It has become clear to us that the candidates' organizations aim to add debates to their list of campaign-trail charades devoid of substance, spontaneity and answers to tough questions. The League has no intention of becoming an accessory to the hoodwinking of the American public.

Holy moly! That should be the beginning of a Oliver Stone movie.  Showing how our democracy, voting, elections were stolen ending with the black box voting machine being hacked and in walks Capt'n Howdy and Dick. Stolen in plain sight again, did we have a choice in the matter at all?    I hate to say that I was not aware of why it happened.  I've even joined LWV and I've never even asked.  I guess it does no good to try to start a boycott of the debates, kind of cutting off nose to spite face.  Makes me very angry.

Angry
Report Spam   Logged

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.” Thomas Jefferson
yddemocrat

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 09:01:35 pm »

A great so-long statement from LWV.  They left the stage with principle and style.  I love the occasional event that causes a burst of honesty.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 11:58:34 am »

Nader:  "We will not be marginalized!"

Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
destiny

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 12:54:14 pm »

They should take the debate, show the question, the answers from the "two", then cut to the independents giving their answers.  I am sure there would be issues with this, but really it would be an answer to their and our denial of access!
Report Spam   Logged
bevanslow

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 02:10:13 pm »

Wouldn’t that be something? It the debate commission refuses to allow third party candidates in the debate, one of our sophisticated Utube filmmakers could take video clips of the debate and patch in  a third party answer to each question.

This could be sent into the web atmosphere for all to see. Of course, a voice-over could be added explaining why this had to be.

-bev

Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 09:24:15 pm »

Destiny you are gold!  That is such a superb idea.  I'm writing the Nader Campaign, as well as, a few Nader's Raider's who make web videos.  There's a fella in Nevada that has many videos of Nader up and has connections to the campaign.  Some of his videos have been used by the Nader Campaign.  I'll connect with him for sure.

I'll get right on this.  This would be just awesome!!

Thank you.   Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum