The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 18, 2024, 10:18:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome Guests.
Enjoy your visit. You'll have more topics to read and options available if you register.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hagel endorses Nader?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hagel endorses Nader?  (Read 451 times)
24hrlib

« on: September 22, 2008, 10:43:59 pm »

I catching caption isn't it.  Not mine though:

http://blog.georgetownvoice.com/2008/09/22/chuck-hagel-endorses-whom/

I got an interesting chuckle out of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

24hrlib

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:53 pm »

I=Eye

I wonder if that was some kind of freudian flip!?!
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
bevanslow

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:12:37 pm »

My comment:

I didn’t hear Sen. Hagel speak, but from comments here, his remark about Ralph Nader was a joke. I would like an explanation from Sen. Hagel. It is pretty obvious that Nader can think circles around most of our lackluster senators, Hagel being one of them. Please explain yourself Senator hagel. 

-bev
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 03:38:03 pm »

DESTINY ENDORSES NADER!

Now that IS something!
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:48 pm »

No video on it so we are left to make up our own minds.  I see it as half poking fun, but also half truth.  So much news recently about Ralph being right regarding Wall Street years ago. To me I think Hagel was acknowledging the quality or condition of working in a meaningless and irrational political world. Hagel has been outspoken on the condition of Washington since Bush became president.  He is no neo-con.  And since his announcement to retire.  Why not reveal even more through half satire/half honesty?  Satire because Hagel knows principled people and honesty in politics have no home in Washington.  My gutt feels he was responding with honesty.  Hagel has spent a lot of time this last year promoting bi-partisian relations.  But, since these recent bail-outs Hagel is no doubt thinking Ralph was right when he said, ” the only difference between the two political partys is the velocity, at which they fall to their knees, when big money walks through their office door”.  You see, Hagel is a pragmatist and realist in the best senses of those words.  And Ralph Nader certainly is too.   Hagel may have endorsed Obama, but he knows as well as any the corporate ties BO has, so why not mention the man who got it right?  I rather hope Nader gives him a call and thanks him.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum