The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 28, 2024, 08:55:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Contact your representative and tell them we need to opt out of buying foreign oil.   To send a message to them.  We need to use the petroleum reserve like Clinton did and the prices will drop.  We're the biggest market in the world - if we stop buying that will send a message.  So, help make that happen - unless you all love paying others to get rich beyond reason..including Iraq who is making a 70 billion profit from us and our men and women are hurt and dying.  So stand up folks and take action on this one.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Veterans Occupy National Archives Building

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Veterans Occupy National Archives Building  (Read 539 times)
24hrlib

« on: September 23, 2008, 11:52:31 am »

The enormous banner hanging from the National Archive building... right now!   
Right now, five military veterans -- from Veterans for Peace -- are occupying a 35-foot high ledge at the National Archive Building and have raised a 22x8-foot banner reading, "DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION. ARREST BUSH AND CHENEY: WAR CRIMINALS!" The veterans currently risking arrest have declared their intention to stay on the ledge, fasting for 24 hours "in remembrance of those who have perished and those still suffering from the crimes of the Bush administration," according to a written statement.

On the ledge, the veterans have brought with them a portable PA system, and they are broadcasting recorded statements from prominent Americans for the impeachment and/or arrest of George W. Bush and Richard Cheney. Other impeachment activists are at the entrance of the National Archives distributing "Citizens Arrest Warrants" to those waiting in line.

This is the type of boldness that activists have displayed across the country to bring much-needed attention to this movement.

VoteToImpeach.org
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

destiny

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »

YAY! Good for them! and Us!
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:49 pm »

On Sept. 23, 2008, five military veterans occupied a 35-foot-high ledge in front of the National Archives Building in Washington, D.C. At the site, they unfolded a 22X8 foot banner. It read: Defend our Constitution: Arrest Bush and Cheney: War Criminals. The demonstration was sponsored by the Veterans for Peace, a national organization. One of its members, Tarak Kauff, discussed the reasons for the protest action with this presenter. Also talking about the event was Peace Activist, Max Obuszewski. He had traveled over from Baltimore to give his moral support to the protest. For background, and for the latest updates on the National Archives demonstration, please go to: http://www.veteransforpeace.org.
Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards
PatriciaW
COREGROUP

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:43:19 am »

Thanks! Did anyone actually see it on the news?

I guess the one good thing about cheap imports is that so many folks have video cameras or phones w. video capabilities.

Report Spam   Logged
kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 01:20:29 pm »

heck, are they still there?  can i bring them some coffee or something to keep it up?

yeah, this ain't making the news, is it?  everyone's focused on the bailout and not paying attention.  all the investors need to know where to put their money next.
Report Spam   Logged
kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:24:27 pm »

heck, are they still there?  can i bring them some coffee or something to keep it up?

yeah, this ain't making the news, is it?  everyone's focused on the bailout and not paying attention.  all the investors need to know where to put their money next.

oh, nevermind, i didn't read the part about the 24 hour hunger strike.  i don't think anyone's going to ask them to leave.
Report Spam   Logged
bucklaw

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 06:24:39 pm »

Cool!

Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 06:44:56 pm »

If they were told to leave it might be on the news.  Wouldn't want that!  Wink 
Report Spam   Logged

destiny

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 06:56:53 pm »

Why is this the only place I have heard about this.  Granted I am not exactly watching alot of tv, but, you would think this would be a headline!
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »

I've put it in three different search engine the past 24 hours.  Nothing in any newspapers that I can find.  It's too controversial during an election year.  They black out JRE, Nader and now our veterans!  After Downing Street has been updating on their site:

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/36236
Report Spam   Logged

kenshin
COREGROUP

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 04:00:46 pm »

same thing happened when we were marching to the white house with a progressive group, to protest the war.  funny, that time the vets for peace got in the news, and we didn't.  very selective...i guess the bail out is just everywhere, i know all the usual shows i've been listening to have switched to talk about this.  amazing, how everyone acts like they didn't know anything about the housing market bubble, etc etc, until now when they can't deny it anymore.

perhaps they'd make more news if they could tally how much the war's cost has driven this crisis.  the bailout has been linked to foreign banks, who don't want to see the dollar drop--those banks are funding our war.  i'm not sure how this works, really, but you know bush is scared and acting stupid and dumb isn't working for him this time.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 07:36:53 pm »

When Bush leaves the White House in January.  Can we just make him walk home to Crawford, Texas?  Seriously, we can't afford the fanfare with these bail-outs.  Can't we just make him walk?  Please??
Report Spam   Logged

destiny

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 09:49:46 pm »

barefoot, without a coat, sleeping in a tent.
Report Spam   Logged
24hrlib

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 09:51:43 pm »

YES!  Someone actually gets it!!!   Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum