The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 01:01:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This site will continue with the purpose of a support system and forum for those that wish to continue with important issues, and change the world a little at a time from a grass roots level.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

VA awards $1.2 million to NH for homeless veterans

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA awards $1.2 million to NH for homeless veterans  (Read 536 times)
bucklaw

« on: October 01, 2008, 09:43:21 am »

September 25, 2008
Email| Print| Single Page| Yahoo! Buzz| ShareThisText size – + WASHINGTON—The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has awarded $1.2 million to Harbor Homes Inc., of Nashua, N.H., to build 40 new apartments for homeless veterans in Nashua and Manchester.

The Manchester facility, which will be owned by Harbor Homes, will be operated by Manchester's Liberty House, a homeless shelter for veterans.

The VA also has approved two grants of $26,942 to Harbor Homes to purchase two vans to transport homeless veterans to health care and training programs.

Harbor Homes offers a variety of housing programs and supportive services for homeless families, individuals, and veterans in the Nashua area. Liberty House is a transitional homeless facility for veterans in Manchester.

"New Hampshire veterans have made enormous sacrifices to protect our nation, and these federal grants will help to ensure that those in need receive housing and valuable services," Sens. Judd Gregg and John Sununu said in a statement announcing the funding.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

4edwords08
COREGROUP

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:33:49 am »

YEAAAA!  That's excellent news, finally, something good for vets in NH maybe it will catch on.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.” Thomas Jefferson
bucklaw

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:10:36 pm »

Especially coming from two Republicans. That brings the number down in NH to almost zero if not zero.
Report Spam   Logged
4edwords08
COREGROUP

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:22:06 pm »

I bet that you've been working this, huh?
Report Spam   Logged

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.” Thomas Jefferson
Shar

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 03:05:16 pm »

Wonderful news, thanks for sharing.
Report Spam   Logged
bucklaw

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 04:14:07 pm »

No I just find it odd that this came from Republicans when the Democrats should be out in the forefront of this issue. It must be re-election time. Still good news.
Report Spam   Logged
4edwords08
COREGROUP

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 04:20:46 pm »

To your last point Bucklaw, on my travels across this country last week, I was astonished at how many construction projects seem to just be restarting...from the looks of things the 1-80 has had a number of giant pot holes to finish and I figured that they figured, election time is as good as any time to get that project moving.
Report Spam   Logged

destiny

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for the good news!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
bucklaw

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 12:15:29 pm »

I don't care who gets it done as long as they do. Git er done.
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 06:49:57 pm »

That good news, lets get it done state by state. Can you imagine what 700 B cold of done. Hey Bucklaw, are you in NH or NY?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum