The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 28, 2024, 07:40:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This site will continue with the purpose of a support system and forum for those that wish to continue with important issues, and change the world a little at a time from a grass roots level.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A peek at the polls tells me...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A peek at the polls tells me...  (Read 563 times)
24hrlib

« on: May 26, 2008, 05:25:08 pm »

In the beginning I thought it was weird that the polls show Obama leading Hillary among Democrats, yet, when they are both individually matched against
McCain, Hillary comes out ahead in most polls.  Go figure.  I figured the Republicans and Independents favor Hillary Clinton more.  That was the only explanation.  And, it portends for the General Election as to which one could win the White House back. 

However, the two measures use different populations.  The Obama-Clinton polls sample only Democrats.  The match-ups against McCain poll all registered
voters.  The obvious conclusion: Clinton does better than Obama does among Independents and Republicans.  Which is a big switch since the beginning of
this campaign season when Obama lead in these groups.

Anyway, about a week ago, in Gallup's daily tracking polls, Barack Obama led Hillary Clinton 55-39%, the largest margin between the two contenders in months. Since then, Obama has steadily declined in the polls to 50%, while Clinton has steadily risen to 45%, leaing a current margin of only five points.  Rasmussen, although its polling never showed the large margin shown in Gallup, shows Obama at the same 50% with Clinton at 44%.  That margin had been up to eight points a few days ago. 

Both Gallup and Rasmussen show Clinton ahead of John McCain while McCain leads Obama.  This information coincides with the electoral-vote.com maps I recently shared on another thread.  The margins, respectively, are in the 2-3 point range each way. 

We won't know 'til reports from Tuesday and later whether or not Clinton's RFK remark will have a significant effect on the polls.  If it does, I don't expect the effect to last more than a few days.  It, too, shall pass. 

Interesting thought...the backlash the Obama Campaign is receiving by putting the Clinton remark out there for the press to pounce on.  May in turn effect that campaign as well.  However, I'm not holding my breath.

Report Spam   Logged

Republican rhetoric does not match the reality of what they have done. --John Edwards

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

destiny

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:07:37 am »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Gallup shows McCain got a 12 point bump, to a 4 point lead over Obama, while Rasmussen shows McCain with a 1 point lead over Obama.   Huh? Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum