The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 04:02:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAYS!!!

This messes with the oil companies bottom line.  This tactic worked before - it can work again.  DONT BUY GAS ANY Friday.  They calculate their profits fridays.  If enough of the US doesn't buy gas on this friday alone, it will send them a message.  PASS THE WORD!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Democratic Party - What now?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Democratic Party - What now?  (Read 1498 times)
westlib

« on: January 11, 2009, 07:17:01 pm »

OK, now that the election is over and Howard is out - what are your feelings about the Democratic Party? Are you going to "come back to the fold" or have you decided to write them off and be and Independent.

I still get e-mails from the local party - even after I wrote to them stating I was not interesting in supporting them any longer. Can I go back to the meetings supporting locals, but having serious doubts at the federal level? Do I try the "change from within" strategy - which doesn't look too promising as they are all so ecstatic over OBs election.

Or do I just pull the covers over my head?

What to do?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

IBEW

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:31:21 pm »

We are a two party system and until there is a strong third party. I think it is best served to work within the Democratic Party. I'm sure their is going to be a bunch of Republicans working real hard to gain back their lost States. Why not support local candidates and work to "change from within" strategy". If you really want to try the "change from within" strategy" get some unknown Democrat to run as a Republican, this works if you live in a highly Republican area.

This is called "SALTING" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_(union_organizing)

Salting is a labor union tactic involving the act of getting a job at a specific workplace with the intent of organizing a union.

The tactic is often discussed in the United States because under US law, unions are prohibited from talking with workers in the workplace and salting is one of the few legal strategies that allow union organizers to talk with workers.

We have, the Unions here in Missouri have applied these tactics to local elections to help fight off the Non-Union Republicans.

Organizing the Union-Free Company: A Salty Proposition
http://www.rothgerber.com/showarticle.aspx?Show=730

I was an Organizer/Salt in the 90's while work was good. As soon as Bush got in office he put a halt to organizing by controlling the National Labor Relations Board ("NLRB"). You know,  smaller Government, budget cutting, getting rid of lawyers that didn't play along.
Report Spam   Logged

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment"
Ksvoboda

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 10:05:55 pm »

Westlib, you have to do what you have to do.  I think you know what your comfort zone is better than the rest of us.  For me, I'm done with the Democratic party.  I'll vote for the person and I am going to look at women.  We don't have enough women in office.  This Democratic party is what I think of as Repub-lite.  When I had my vote stolen here in Michigan, that was it for me.  When I was told by countless people to "suck it up" and vote for Obama, I decided that I could do what was best for me.  No one owns my vote any more.  They have to earn it or steal it and we know that has been done!  I see both of these parties as being corrupt to the core.  It's not just a few bad apples.  They are all in it to work on their next job.  I have already received emails from Kucinich and Boxer for money for the 2010 campaign.  Give me a break.  We just finished an election.  What a waste of time and money.  I'm fed up with this constant job hunting.  These people are in it for what they can get out of it and how many books they can write.  I remember getting emails from both Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.  Both sort of suck yet they both had books to sell.  I wonder who on earth bought their books?  For me, I'm fed up with the sorry lot of "do nothings" that I see in both the senate and congress.  I heard Nancy today griping about all the money Bush spent.  Hello!  Those guys passed the crap he wanted.  Bush didn't have a blank check but they did everything they could to give him an endless credit card!  Right now they're emptying the treasury to give all the goodies to their buddies.  I don't trust any of them.  None of them could polish the shoes of Paul Wellstone, a litlle man with big ideals!
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:16:11 pm »

who is the current head of the dems?  I have pretty much had it with them as well.  the promises of 06 were broken, they were lap dogs for Bush, and they just want to let him sail into the sunset, no repercussions, none.
Report Spam   Logged
Ksvoboda

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

who is the current head of the dems?  I have pretty much had it with them as well.  the promises of 06 were broken, they were lap dogs for Bush, and they just want to let him sail into the sunset, no repercussions, none.
Yes, I thought it was interesting today when Bush tried to "clear" up his record.  The media tries to make it look like they are really being tough on him but it really is just a bunch of bs.  They have never been tough on him and the Democrats are in it up to their eyebrows with following his lead.  It's kind of like the blind leading the blind.  I don't see any difference in the new administration but maybe I'll be shown to be wrong.  We can always "hope" that is true!
Report Spam   Logged
IBEW

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 10:08:51 pm »

Obama names Virginia gov as Democratic Party head
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre50785d-us-usa-obama-democrats/

President-elect Barack Obama named Tim Kaine as head of the Democratic Party on Thursday, rewarding an early supporter with a high-profile political post even as he continues to serve as Virginia governor.

Kaine, 50, was a finalist to be Obama's vice presidential running mate. His support on the campaign trail helped Obama win Virginia, the first time a Democratic presidential candidate carried the state since 1964.

Obama said Kaine shared his liberal but pragmatic outlook and willingness to try new approaches, and said he had improved traffic, schools and other issues for Virginia residents.

"He understands that while politics is tough and we need to fight hard for ideals and our values, we also need to work together to solve our common problems," Obama said at a news conference.

As chairman of the Democratic National Committee, Kaine will be an important advocate for Obama as he tries to pass a an economic stimulus package and pull U.S. troops out of Iraq.

Kaine's term as governor continues through January 2010, and state law does not allow him to run for a second term.

Some Virginia Republicans have complained that Kaine will be neglecting his duties as governor at a time when the state struggles with a $3 billion shortfall and will take on a far more partisan role as leader of the Democratic Party.

Kaine has said he would be able to do both jobs.

Kaine will also try to extend a winning streak that saw Democrats win control of Congress in 2006, and widen their margins in both chambers and win the White House in November. Democrats have also won a string of victories at the state and local level.

As head of the party, Kaine said he hopes to promote Obama's agenda and extend some of his signature tactics, such as soliciting small-dollar contributions from a broad base rather than relying solely on large contributors.

Kaine said his nuts-and-bolts approach helped him succeed in a state long dominated by Republicans. "We're not the ideologues, the obstructionists, the gridlock folks. We're the problem solvers," he said.

Democratic National Committee members will vote on Kaine's selection at their winter meeting on January 21. He will replace former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean.

Report Spam   Logged

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment"
destiny

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:45 am »

thanks for the info IBEW.  Now, lets hope that with all this economic turmoil they do not forget that our boys are still dying in Iraq and Afghanistan and need to come home.
Report Spam   Logged
looneysinger

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 08:11:23 pm »

i am done with democrat party! they can go pound rock salt! so can obama! that is my opinion!
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 09:39:33 pm »

Destiny did you not know that Obama wants 300,000 troops in Afghanistan? So much for our troops coming home.

I'm not going with any party I go for the person not the party.
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:23 pm »

It's 30,000 oops me.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/12/AR2009011203492.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum