The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 20, 2024, 01:21:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAYS!!!

This messes with the oil companies bottom line.  This tactic worked before - it can work again.  DONT BUY GAS ANY Friday.  They calculate their profits fridays.  If enough of the US doesn't buy gas on this friday alone, it will send them a message.  PASS THE WORD!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Today is a cause for celebration for women throughout this country!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today is a cause for celebration for women throughout this country!  (Read 571 times)
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« on: January 29, 2009, 09:34:55 am »

Today is a cause for celebration for women in this country. It’s been an unjustly long time coming and is just a small piece of this battle that has been fought by our mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers and beyond.

President Obama was not my candidate of choice.  But today he earned some of my respect.  With the signing of the bill for Equal Pay for Women, a new hope may be felt by women in our country who have worked along side their male counterparts, doing the same job and being paid a disrespectfully lower amount. 

Can we feel some validation now in our struggles?  Perhaps somewhat.  Time will tell.  Stay strong, stay the course.

For every woman who was told to keep quiet about it, for every woman who went through the shame placed on them by HR departments across the country for even questioning their pay, for every woman who has worked hard and done a better job than their male counterparts in the same position and been treated less than, this is your day to celebrate!

Glasses held high ladies, we’re a little closer to where we should be.
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

destiny

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 02:17:55 pm »

That is wonderful, now if they could just get jobs!
Report Spam   Logged
et

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:23:48 am »

or unions organized.
Report Spam   Logged
shyma42

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 02:59:24 pm »

et
Forget the unions the bosses are in it for themselves just like the politicians. I work with union shops and they are not out for the employee. They just want you to think they are doing something for you.
I had one employee who had Brest cancer and the union insurance refused to pay for treatment. The head of the company I worked for was also one of the heads of the union board. My mother worked for social security and had to pull earning records for union members so they could prove to the unions that that had paid their dues for 20 years or more to get their retirement.

The people have to stand together against the unions and the politics that go on in this country.
Report Spam   Logged
destiny

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 05:09:54 am »

I couldn't disagree with you more Shyma, when my husband got laid off this year the union got him another job, and if it weren't for the union my family would be uninsured.  Union dues are a pittance compared to what we pay in taxes and I have gotten much more bang for my buck with Union.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum