The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
April 15, 2024, 11:38:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This site is dedicated to all of those that support the issues brought forward by John Edwards. To all of those that met on the John Edwards Blog site and made friends. To all of those that intend to keep the issues alive and ensure they remain in the mainstream and not fallen by the wayside. To those that simply want a place to call home in this topic and continue to remain in the loop or communicate with others.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Keep Private Information Private: Addendum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep Private Information Private: Addendum  (Read 2565 times)
PatriciaW
COREGROUP

« on: March 05, 2008, 12:58:11 am »

Keep Private Information Private:    Members and guests at this site cannot post, e-mail, forward or transmit in any fashion another person’s, (member or otherwise) personal identifying information (including but not limited to names, locations, telephone numbers, physical address, e-mail addresses) nor correspondence transmitted to them personally in any form (including but not limited to personal e-mail, private messages through this site, instant messages, chatroom transcripts, etcetera.)  These are matters of personal safety and respect for privacy rights.  Violation is grounds for immediate termination of service.

Please note that this does not apply to personal messages sent to moderators and core group members that pertain to reported abuses of the site, complaints about posts, or other administrative matters. These are forwarded to the core group for joint decisions and action, just as any complaint sent through the ‘report to moderator’ feature.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:34:54 am »

AMEN!!!

This is the way it should be for sure!

WTG
Report Spam   Logged

"And in the end.....the love we take is equal to.....the love we make."
                           ~ Lennon & McCartney
regroce

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:06:11 pm »

Thumbs up to ya    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfgirl

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:20:15 pm »

You would think on a blog were people are concerned about FISA and signing petitions to stop eaves dropping and big brother actions that you wouldn't even have to post a reminder such as this.   Angry

If someone is doing this, without the consent of the member they are putting information out on, than the person responsible should be removed from the blog.  Angry

Also if it comes to light to the moderators, or the administrator that information about a member has been shared, than I think the person that has had their information shared needs to be notified for their own protection.  Undecided

Come on people, we are better than this! That's just rude and disrespectful!  Angry

We need to be able to have respect for one another and trust one another so that we can concentrate on what is important and that is the issues we all care so much about.  Wink

Let's not resort to Bush/Cheneyism's!  Sad  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Cool HELP HIM HELP US, WE THE PEOPLE Cool RALPH NADER IS A CONSTITUTIONIST & A CONSUMER ADVOCATE Cool PASS THE WORD & VOTENADER.ORG Cool
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 03:54:41 pm »

I think that for someone to share other's e-mails and PMs is unforgiveable!

That is all I am going to say on this topic now.  Other than one other thing and that is this:

People who do that kind of thing can also copy and paste your messages into another email and
alter it to make it look like you wrote something you didn't.

So.....be careful who you trust!

I am happy to learn that the administration here has come out publicly against these despicable practices
and is aware that they have been violated!

And, Wolfie, you are so right, but unfortunately 'stuff' happens!
Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
destiny

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 04:48:08 pm »

Geez, I agree with both Wolfgirl and Jazz, but I had kind of assumed it was just something they wanted to post about not that someone had done it.   Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 06:03:23 pm »

Like I've said before, Counselor, when I wind up in the pokey I want you to represent me!

Wink

I never have looked good in stripes!!! LOL

Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney
destiny

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:05:58 pm »

"I never have looked good in stripes!!! LOL"

Now I find that hard to believe!  Wink Just make sure they are up and down and not sideways! AGH!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Marline

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 12:27:05 pm »

Guilty as charged but I have to back myself up also. Before this rule was in place someone on this site in a comment asked me for proven information in writing and that's what I did. I gave them the information they requested in my comment back to them but I also gave them the phone number of a One Corps captain.  If you go to the OneCorps site they do give out their phone numbers. I thought I was doing the right thing and I did add the email address and phone number as I said before the rule was in place. Of course, the last time I checked my post was still there minus the phone number and that is good as anyone can go to the OneCorps site and get the phone numbers. I was a little hurt as I received a warning but what they forgot was the rule was not in place so mistakes do happen to all of us. Lots of people on our wonderful blog site were in addition seeking the very same information.  We were on a hunt for OneCorps and when I found them I got excited and gave out the information. It was a major subject and for sure OneCorps are looking for their members and others too join. I would never give out another members personal information to any one but when I think about it, did I still do wrong in giving their email address out regarding One Corps?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:48:59 pm by Marline » Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 02:27:14 pm »

Hi Marline,

On our site if you wish to post your personal email address for public viewing that's fine.  I would urge you not to.  But posting someone else' email address goes against our rules here on this site.  If they allow it on other sites, that's up to the managers of those sites.  Most sites prefer not to have personal or private email addresses and contact information listed.

We haven't had this issue in a few weeks so really it's behind us. 

Thanks.

L

Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
Marline

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 07:34:51 pm »

Oh my, when any one asks for information, I won't give away the answer that is for sure.  Thanks Lataet that is good to know.
Report Spam   Logged
omannot
TempBan

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 01:00:05 pm »

I concur about privacy as it is important.  I have a question though lataet et al.  In working on a P.S.A. in Veterans I have no problems using our names and e-mails etc., to try to progress.  I feel that their are several of us that wish this to get done and yet we (Van and I) can not as the "Leader" on this does not even have any e-mail info, etc. on the new blog for this purpose.  Suggestions please.  I do not wish to invade anyone's privacy, I just feel that some contact information for this purpose is necessary for donations.  I would think a donor would find it hincky to donote to a site that has no contact info.  I know that I would not, would any of you??  Just asking.
Report Spam   Logged
Lataet
Lataet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:33:27 am »

Well you bring up a good point.   Thank you!
The CORE group will need to discuss this.
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"  Will Rogers
omannot
TempBan

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 11:08:13 am »

Thank you very much for taking this into consideration.  I myself am a big advocate for privacy due to the illegal wiretapping etc., however when it comes to getting thing done for such a worthy cause I do know that we are very happy to abdicate some of that (phone numbers and e-mails) for the sole purpose of "emergencys" such as my surgery when we wished to know what was going with the PSA but were quite immersed (as we all get) in our on emergency.  I also want any outside donor to have a little more contact information of whatever site they are donating to.  I would have no problem in this area even giving our phone numbers and e-mails given to a donor if someone else did not wish to have private information disclosed.  I hope that will be helpful in considering this.

I thank you all once again to consideration of this issue.

Maureen
Report Spam   Logged
Jazziette
TempBan

Gloves are off now!

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 12:34:46 pm »

Ommy......as someone who has donated to this site.....I appreciate what you have just written.

Normally I wouldn't have done this but I definitely feel that I can trust the admistrator and others here at the movement with my private information.

However, since the site is growing, I'm sure there are others who feel the same and it's a good idea to have disclosure to encourage more donors as well so the site can continue to grow.  Good call.

~ Jazz
Report Spam   Logged

~ Lennon & McCartney

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum