The John Edwards Movement Continues!!
Hot Political Issues and Government Topics
March 29, 2024, 10:28:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Contact your representative and tell them we need to opt out of buying foreign oil.   To send a message to them.  We need to use the petroleum reserve like Clinton did and the prices will drop.  We're the biggest market in the world - if we stop buying that will send a message.  So, help make that happen - unless you all love paying others to get rich beyond reason..including Iraq who is making a 70 billion profit from us and our men and women are hurt and dying.  So stand up folks and take action on this one.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Current pop up ads

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current pop up ads  (Read 471 times)
westlib

« on: February 21, 2010, 11:26:22 am »

I know we have to have ads on our site because of money issues, but this morning, two were so offensive, I just had to speak up.

The first was "Defeat Patty Murray (a Dem Senator from my state) from a group linking to a site to "find out how to defeat Democrats".
I am struggling now with my identity as a Democrat - but this ad is really jarring on this site.

Then there was one that stated something like "if you like John Edwards, you may like this spiritual site". Given current events, I can't tell if that ad is tongue in cheek or not, as I did not click onto it. Hopefully John's faith is getting him through this time, l but I am kind of a "separation of church and state" person. This makes me kind of uncomfortable.

I know the old ads had a banner at the bottom that promoted John McCain during the election, but I could skip over that as it was at the end. These ads pop up in mid thread.

I guess advertisements are the price of having a free site, but they seem to be getting more tasteless as time goes on. I can take all the ads about
incontinence, and even ED, as I just tune them out. I guess I will just tune these out, as well - but where is any type of common sense and propriety. I think I am just getting old!

Thanks for letting me vent.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wolfie

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:55:06 pm »

The ad for John Edwards was probably for the one who can talk to the dead,  not John Edwards the politician. Just a guess but judging by what you described that would be my guess. I ignore all of them. LOL
Report Spam   Logged

"Against the grain should be a way of life What's worth the prize is always worth the fight Every second counts 'cause there's no second try So live like you'll never live it twice Don't take the free ride in your own life" ~Nickelback

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Help us keep this blog going and growing.
If you can, even a small donation will help.
Just click the donation button
Thank you
Official PayPal Seal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum